Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer
As the population of the Fort Myers area grows, so do the number of vehicles on the roadways. Unfortunately, that has led to an increase in the number of accidents as well. In 2018, for example, there were 12,626 crashes in Lee County that caused 7,479 injuries and 94 fatalities.
Serious physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship often plague a car accident victim. Trying to navigate the labyrinth of medical providers, insurance companies, and financial struggles alone can add additional stress and anxiety to a victim’s plight.
The good news is that you do not have to face all of these hardships alone. The experienced Fort Myers car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA have extensive experience helping car accident victims like you hold the negligent parties accountable and helping them get the full compensation to which they are entitled.
Contributing Factors in Fort Myers Car Accidents
Determining what caused a car accident can be a complicated and complex prospect. However, nationally experts have found that the most common factors contributing to car accidents are:
- Speed – Speed has long been a contributing factor in one out of every three car accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Impaired driving – Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol, as well as those under the influence of illicit, prescription, or over-the-counter medications, are a frequent cause of car accidents.
- Distracted driving – The increased use of cell phones and other handheld electronic devices has significantly increased the number of accidents attributable to distracted drivers.
- Drowsy driving – A study conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety showed that a drowsy driver can be just as dangerous on the roadway as a drunk driver, contributing to one in five fatal crashes.
- Hazardous road conditions – Drivers often fail to adjust for conditions such as rain or fog that should cause a motorist to slow down and use caution on the roadway, resulting in a catastrophic collision.
Common Fort Myers Car Accident Injuries
The victim of a car accident can suffer anything from minor bumps and bruises to fatal injuries. Among the most common of those injuries include:
- Neck and Back injuries– The most common car accident injuries are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. These are typically permanent injuries that get worse as time passes, often requiring surgery later in life.
- Broken bones – Along with being extremely painful, a broken bone can cause loss of function in a limb, chronic pain, and serious infections.
- Burns – Burn injuries that occur in a car accident can lead to chronic pain and scarring for the victim.
- Loss of limbs – Limbs that were crushed or seriously damaged in a serious car accident may need to be amputated.
- Brain injuries – When a car accident causes a sudden jolt or blow to the head it often causes a traumatic brain injury (TBIs), resulting in permanent, life-altering injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries – When the spinal cord is damaged in a car accident it can result in permanent paralysis of the victim’s limbs.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Fort Myers Car Accident?
As the victim of a Fort Myers car accident, you may be entitled to damages for your physical and emotional injuries, including compensation for:
- Medical expenses – current and future expenses related to treating your car accident injuries
- Rehabilitation and other care costs
- Income lost due to time off because of accident injuries
- Decreased earning capacity in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
A victim’s family members who have been impacted by a car accident may also be entitled to compensation if a spouse or parent can no longer provide the companionship, care, and support they provided prior to the accident. If your family member was fatally injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation as a claimant in a wrongful death lawsuit.
The Experienced Fort Myers Car Accident Attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA Can Help You
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, we aggressively pursue compensation for Fort Myers car accident victims by tirelessly gathering evidence that proves negligence on the part of the at-fault party (or parties). We fight for the compensation you deserve for the physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship you have suffered because of the car accident.
We will not accept less than what you deserve and will not back down. We will put our extensive trial experience to work for you in court, if necessary to ensure that you are fully compensated. You can rest assured that the car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure you are protected and justly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index. https://aaafoundation.org/2019-traffic-safety-culture-index/
Florida Department of Transportation. (2019). FY 2019 highway safety plan.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportation. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts.