Bradenton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slipping and falling on a floor, staircase, or pavement can cause severe injuries. According to the CDC, more than 800,000 people in the U.S. are hospitalized every year for serious injuries from falls, including hip fractures and head injuries. In addition, fall injuries send three million older adults to hospitals for emergency treatment each year.
Many of these slip and fall accidents could have been prevented had property owners made necessary repairs or warned visitors to their properties of hazards. Under Florida law, property owners and managers actually owe a legal duty of care to customers and visitors to their properties. When they fail to maintain their property in a safe condition or warn visitors of hazards, they can be held liable for negligence in a premises liability claim.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation from the negligent party for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, emotional distress, and other losses. The Dennis Hernandez premises liability lawyers have helped hundreds of injury accident victims in Bradenton and throughout Florida and can help you get the maximum compensation available.
What Causes Bradenton Slip and Fall Accidents?
Although fall injuries are usually more serious among the elderly, anyone can get injured if they slip or trip and fall while they are walking. Moreover, slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere at any time. However, the most common causes of slip or trip and fall accidents in Bradenton and throughout Florida include:
- Bad lighting. Inadequate or improperly maintained lighting in and around stores, restaurants, hotels, and other places of business creates a hazard for guests and other visitors who might stumble and fall.
- Liquids on floors and walking surfaces. Water on walkways and in parking lots and liquids spilled on floors create a slippery surface that can cause people to slip and fall.
- Old and neglected walking surfaces. Cracked, chipped, or uneven concrete or asphalt create a tripping and falling hazard.
- Dangerous stairs. Broken, loose, and uneven stairs create a tripping hazard.
- Inadequate handrails. Missing, broken, or loose handrails can cause people to lose their balance and fall.
- Obstructions. Objects left in store aisles or cords that run across pathways can cause trips and falls.
- Safety code violations. Businesses that are not up to code or that violate industrial safety standards create hazardous conditions for customers and visitors.
Liability for Slip and Fall Accident Injuries in Bradenton, Florida
When slip and fall accidents are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of a property owner or manager, injured accident victims can hold them accountable with a premises liability claim. To prove defendants (property owners or managers) were negligent and hold them liable, a Bradenton slip and fall accident lawyer must demonstrate four separate elements of premises liability:
- The defendant had a legal duty of care to you to keep the premises safe or warn of hazards. Generally, this element will be proven if you were a customer, visitor, or guest at the defendant’s property.
- The defendant breached their duty. The defendant failed to take reasonable steps to fix or warn about hazards that the defendant knew about or should have known about.
- Your slip and fall accident was caused by the defendant’s breach of duty.
- The accident caused you to be injured and to have economic damages (medical expenses, lost income) and/or non-economic damages (including pain and suffering, emotional distress, and your family’s loss of companionship).
If your attorney can demonstrate that the property owner and/or manager was negligent and did not take reasonable care in operating and maintaining his property and that negligence caused or contributed to your slip or trip and fall injury, then the owner and/or manager can be held liable for your injury and you can obtain compensation for your injury-related expenses, pain, suffering and losses.
What Types of Compensation Can Bradenton Lawyers Recover for Slip and Fall Accident Victims?
The skilled Dennis Hernandez slip and fall accident lawyers can help you recover substantial compensation for your injuries, which may include payment for:
- Current medical expenses and those expected in the future, including costs of doctors, hospitals, diagnostic testing, surgeries and other procedures, assistive devices, physical or psychological therapy, medication, and travel to get medical care.
- Current lost income and that expected in the future, including diminished earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages, including physical pain, anxiety, depression, decreased quality of life, and your family’s loss of companionship and guidance.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law.
Contact Experienced Bradenton Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
The top priority of the Dennis Hernandez Bradenton slip and fall accident lawyers is to get you full and fair compensation for your injuries so you can move on with your life. We are experienced personal injury attorney attorneys who will put our knowledge, skill and resources to work for you:
- We will gather all the evidence needed to prove the elements of premises liability to show the defendant’s negligence caused your slip or trip and fall injury and related damages.
- We will demonstrate the full extent of your damages so that you recover the maximum compensation.
- We will stand up for you, protecting your rights and negotiating strenuously on your behalf with the insurance company’s representatives and lawyers.
- We will be well prepared to go to trial, if necessary to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- We will provide the help, support and guidance you need through the entire legal process.
We never back down in the fight for justice for our clients!
Call us today at 855.941.0957, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.