Bradenton Defective Product Attorneys
Although laws and regulations are in place to protect consumers from getting hurt by defective products, many dangerous items still make their way to the U.S. marketplace. Unfortunately, these dangerous products account for numerous serious injuries each year.
Young children and the elderly are more prone to serious injury from dangerous products, but people of all ages are hurt every day. If you have been injured because of a defective product, you’re not alone. You also do not have to handle all of your challenges alone.
The experienced Bradenton product liability attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA want to help. You may be entitled to substantial financial compensation for the injuries, pain, and losses you have suffered. We have helped many people throughout Florida who have been injured by defective products and will put our legal experience and expertise to work helping you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Injuries from Defective Products
Many different kinds of injuries can occur due to defective products, depending on the type of product involved. Injuries can range from minor cuts, sprains and burns to serious, life-threatening injuries. Some of the more common serious injuries include:
- Burns – Defective electrical appliances and faulty wiring can cause fires or explosions that burn people who are close to them.
- Broken bones – Defective ladders and other equipment can cause victims to fall and break bones.
- Choking – Small parts from broken toys can choke small children and cause internal and fatal injuries.
- Head injuries – Victims of defective ladder and equipment accidents often sustain head and brain injuries.
- Organ injuries – Defective pharmaceutical products can cause serious injuries to internal organs, including lung damage, brain damage, liver and kidney failure and cardiac arrest.Top of Form
- Death – Defective automobile parts, such as tires, brakes, and fuel tanks, can lead to a fatal accident.
Responsibility for Defective Products
Under Florida law, any party involved in the manufacturing or distribution of a product can potentially be held responsible for injuries caused by a defective product. This includes:
- Designer of the product
- Manufacturer of component parts
- Assembler or installer
An experienced Bradenton product liability lawyer from Dennis Hernandez & Associates will investigate the design, manufacturing and distribution of the defective product that caused your injury and determine which specific parties can be held liable for it.
Defective Products in Florida Product Liability Cases
A strict liability standard is used In Florida product liability cases, so you do not have to prove negligence on anyone’s part in a lawsuit. However, you need to show that you used the product as it was intended to be used and that you were injured because it had one of the following types of defect:
- A Design Defect – Design defects are inherent in the design of the product. Therefore, every item manufactured with the design will have the same defect.
- A Manufacturing Defect – Manufacturing defects are introduced into the product during the manufacturing process. Therefore, only products manufactured at the same time and place have the defect.
- A Failure to Warn Defect – Failure to warn defects occur when products that cannot be made completely safe because of the nature of the product itself (e.g., certain appliances, household cleaning products, electrical tools) do not come with a clear warning about the potential dangers.
Compensation for Defective Product Injuries
If you have been injured while using a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffered. To obtain compensation, you need to be able to show that you used the product as intended and that you suffered actual damages from using the product as intended. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses you’ve incurred for procedures, medication, diagnostic testing, hospital visits, doctor office visits, etc.
- Future medical expenses
- Trauma, physical pain and suffering
- Lost income due to time missed at work
- Decreased earning capacity
- Other damages available under Florida law
If a loved one was fatally injured because of a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your loss. An experienced Bradenton product liability attorney can advise you on a wrongful death lawsuit.
Experienced Bradenton Product Liability Lawyers Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If you have been injured by a defective product, the experienced Bradenton product liability lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA can help you secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Other Bradenton lawyers may try to settle product liability cases as quickly as possible so they don’t have to go to trial. We won’t settle easily and we won’t back down. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the defective product and collect all the evidence needed to prove it caused your injuries.
- Build a strong case showing you should be compensated for the physical, emotional, and financial damages you suffered because of the defective product.
- Negotiate vigorously with insurance company representatives and defendants’ attorneys for a fair settlement and be well prepared to take your case to court if negotiations do not achieve the desired result.
- Use our litigation skills and extensive trial experience to fight and win the compensation you deserve.
- Help you and communicate with you throughout the entire legal process.
Please contact our Bradenton product liability attorneys today at 855-LAW-DENNIS or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.