Bradenton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida has long been a popular place to ride motorcycles, given its temperate climate and beautiful coastlines. Today, however there are more motorcyclists than ever and more motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, Florida leads the nation in motorcycle crashes. In Manatee County alone, 150 people were injured and 18 people killed in motorcycle accidents in one year.
As the victim of a motorcycle accident, you may suffer physical injuries, psychological trauma, and financial hardship. You could be going through very hard times, but, if someone else caused the accident, you could get help in the form of compensation for your injuries, trauma, and hardship.
The experienced Bradenton motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA are dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims like you hold the negligent party responsible and recover a full and fair compensation award. We have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and want to help you.
Common Causes of Bradenton Motorcycle Accidents
Other vehicles, as well as motorcyclists themselves, can create or contribute to a dangerous situation on the roadway. According to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Rider inexperience – Given the inherently dangerous nature of operating a motorcycle, an inexperienced rider can easily lose control and wind up crashing the motorcycle.
- Door accidents – Failing to adequately check for oncoming traffic prior to opening a door on the part of occupants of a parked vehicle can cause a serious motorcycle accident.
- Dangerous road conditions – Wet roadways, uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway can all lead to a motorist or motorcyclist losing control and crashing.
- Impaired drivers – Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, whether on the part of a motorcyclist or another driver, continues to be a leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Failing to see the motorcycle – Motorists frequently fail to see a motorcycle in their blind spot or even right next to them, which leads to crashes.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
On Florida’s roads, motorcyclists are very vulnerable, In fact, when a motorcycle is involved in an accident, the motorcyclist has an 80 percent chance of being injured. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries – If thrown from a motorcycle during an accident, a motorcyclist’s spinal cord could be injured. This kind of injury can result in partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Motorcycle accidents often result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), especially if the motorcyclists is not wearing a helmet. They injuries can result in anything from a mild concussion to severe, even fatal, brain damage.
- Broken or fractured bones – When a motorcycle crashes, the rider and/or passenger is often thrown from the bike at a high rate of speed. This can result in multiple broken or fractured bones.
- Injured limbs – if a rider’s extremities are seriously injured, it may be necessary to amputate injured limbs.
- Death – Given the lack of protection when riding a motorcycle, the reality is that accident injuries are often fatal.
Compensation for Bradenton Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Many Bradenton motorcycle accident victims suffer physical pain and emotional trauma, as well as long-term negative consequences. These consequences may include:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
A monetary award will not reverse the pain and trauma injured accident victims experience; however, it can ease their financial burden and cover their medical expenses. Specifically, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for economic damages (e.g., your out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle). You may also obtain non-economic damages to compensate you for the pain and emotional trauma you suffered because of the collision.
Get the Help You Need after a Bradenton Motorcycle Accident Injury
If you were recently involved in a motorcycle accident, be sure to have a thorough medical examination completed immediately to check for hidden or internal injuries. Then contact the experienced Bradenton motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA to discuss your accident. We are committed to helping accident victims obtain justice and will work tirelessly to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
We will uncover all the evidence necessary to prove negligence on the part of the at-fault party and negotiate directly with insurance company on your behalf for a full and fair settlement. If a satisfactory settlement is not possible, however, we will not back down. We will build a strong case to demonstrate your need for compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages resulting from the motorcycle accident, and we will leverage our trial experience and skill to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Working with us means you will be supported throughout the entire legal process.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.