Winter Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are injured or killed in 80% of motorcycle crashes. This is especially tragic in Florida, where there are more than 8,600 motorcycle accidents each year. In fact, in Winter Park and surrounding Orange County alone, there are more than 475 motorcycle crashes per year that injure more than 400 motorcyclists.
Many of those injuries are extremely serious, often requiring hospital stays, rehabilitation therapies and lengthy recovery periods. If you were seriously injured in a recent motorcycle crash, you know how much an injury disrupts your life. You may be suffering in pain and have to deal with the time and expense of medical treatments. You and your family may also be feeling the effects of lost income, stress, uncertainty about the future and other sudden changes to your lives.
The Dennis Hernandez Winter Park motorcycle accident legal team knows what you are going through. We have helped hundreds of accident victims in Winter Park and throughout Florida and are committed to seeing our clients get the justice they deserve.
If the other driver was partially or totally responsible for your accident, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim for damages and collect substantial financial compensation for your injuries. Please contact us for a free consultation with an experienced Winter Park motorcycle accident lawyer. We will discuss your case with you and advise you on your best course of action.
Lasting Effects of Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in Winter Park and throughout Florida
The serious injuries that are unfortunately common in motorcycle accidents often require long-term medical treatment and rehabilitation services. Many motorcycle accident injuries cause lifelong disabilities that affect many aspects of people’s lives, from employment to family relationships and mental health. Income losses can also last for years or for a lifetime.
It can be frightening to look ahead to changes that may be long-term or permanent. However, our competent, experienced motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you need and deserve for the damages you have suffered and relieve much of the financial pressure and stress you may be dealing with.
Financial Compensation Potentially Available for Winter Park Motorcycle Accident Victims
Our experienced Winter Park motorcycle accident lawyers can help you pursue financial compensation for the long-term costs, financial losses, and suffering caused by your injuries, including;
- Chronic physical pain and suffering
- Trauma, stress, and emotional pain
- Ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Hospital stays
- Home care and assistive devices
- Lost income
- Diminished quality of life for you and your family
At Dennis Hernandez, we believe it is only fair that the at-fault driver be held accountable for your injuries. We will fight aggressively to achieve justice and get you the full compensation you deserve.
Serious Injuries That Are Common in Winter Park Motorcycle Accidents
The Florida Department of Transportation reports that more than 60% of hospitalizations for non-fatal motorcycle accident injuries in the state are for bone fractures. Because motorcycle riders often get thrown to the ground or into another object with great force during collisions, multiple fractures are common.
Another 27% of hospitalizations for motorcycle crashes involve injuries to internal organs. Other serious injuries include spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries may cause long-term or permanent disabilities or death.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer understands how serious injuries affect you and your family now and in the future. We will fight for your right to get all the compensation that Florida law provides.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Winter Park, Florida?
According to the National Transportation Safety Board, 94% of motorcycle crashes are caused by human error – mostly because of mistakes made by the other driver, not the motorcycle rider.
The other driver can cause a collision with a motorcycle by:
- Failing to see the motorcycle. When drivers do not pay attention and/or fail to check their blind spots, they can sideswipe or run into a motorcycle. This is especially common when drivers are changing lanes or making turns at intersections.
- Speeding or breaking other traffic laws. Drivers are at fault when they cause accidents because they are driving carelessly or recklessly. This includes drivers failing to adjust to road or weather conditions.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Being impaired is a common cause of accidents, as are driver fatigue and distraction.
Although most motorcycle accidents are the other driver’s fault, sometimes motorcyclists are responsible or partially responsible. Common causes are rider inexperience, impairment, and speeding.
Even if both you and the other driver were partially at fault, you may still be entitled to sue the other driver for compensation under Florida law. An experienced Dennis Hernandez Winter Park motorcycle accident lawyer would be glad to review your situation and advise you on how to proceed.
How an Experienced Winter Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
The Dennis Hernandez Winter Park legal team is committed to seeking justice and fair compensation for injured accident victims. When we handle your motorcycle accident case, we will:
- Guide you through the entire legal process.
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence demonstrating fault.
- Build a compelling case showing your full need for compensation for your current and future injury-related costs and losses.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Put our litigation experience to work fighting for a just award in court, if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- Never back down until you get the settlement or award you deserve.
Please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to find out how we can help you.