Tampa Boating Accident Lawyer
Florida has almost a million registered vessels — the most in the country — and also, unfortunately, the most boating accidents of any state. Last year, there were 836 reportable boating accidents statewide, with more than 530 people injured in these accidents. Many had extremely serious injuries, including head and spinal cord injuries and broken bones, and 80 people died from their boating accident injuries.
Boating accidents in Tampa Bay and on rivers and lakes throughout Hillsborough County often cause serious injuries and deaths. Last year, Hillsborough ranked 14th out of the 67 Florida counties for the number of reportable boating accidents that took place on the county’s waterways.
People injured in these boating accidents often find it hard to deal with the physical pain, emotional trauma, and financial pressure their injuries cause. Dennis Hernandez, a fifth-generation native of Tampa, and his experienced legal team have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and understand the challenges they face. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a boating accident in the Tampa area, we want to help you achieve justice and obtain the fair, substantial compensation you deserve.
WHAT TYPES OF INJURIES OCCUR IN BOATING ACCIDENTS NEAR TAMPA?
Multiple injuries are common in Tampa boating accidents. Injured victims may have severe or fatal injuries, including:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lung injuries
WHAT KINDS OF BOATING ACCIDENTS OCCUR NEAR TAMPA, FLORIDA?
Watercraft vessels are popular along the 8,346 miles of Florida’s Atlantic and Gulf shorelines, in Hillsborough County’s rivers and lakes, and in the 400 square miles of Tampa Bay. Accidents may involve any kind of watercraft, from yacht to kayak to a towed inner tube.
According to Section 372.02 of the Florida Statutes, a boating accident is defined as “a collision, accident, or casualty” that involves a vessel while it is in, on, entering or leaving the water. The statute gives examples of boating accidents, including vessels colliding with other vessels or objects, capsizing, sinking, or causing death, injury or property damage.
Statistics from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Division of Law Enforcement show that in Florida:
- The most common type of fatal boating accident is falling overboard.
- The most common cause of death in boating accidents is drowning.
- The most common type of boating accident involves a collision with another boat or with a personal watercraft, such as a jet ski.
HOW CAN A DENNIS HERNANDEZ TAMPA BOATING ACCIDENT LAWYER HELP ME?
In Florida, everyone operating boats or other watercraft vessels has a legal obligation not to do so in a negligent or reckless way. If negligent boat operators cause accidents, they may be held liable for the injuries and damage they cause and may have to compensate accident victims for the damages they suffer.
Examples of negligent and reckless behavior include:
- Operating a vessel while under the influence of drugs.
- Operating a vessel while intoxicated.
- Not following standard boating safety procedures.
If you seek help from the Dennis Hernandez law firm, our Tampa boating accident legal team will:
- Perform a thorough investigation of the accident and gather evidence to demonstrate who was at fault.
- Consult medical experts and collect evidence to show the full extent of the harm you have suffered and should be compensated for.
- Find out if the boat rental company or boat owner (if different from the boat operator) could be liable for your injuries.
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies on your behalf and be thoroughly prepared to go to court to get you all the compensation you deserve.
HOW MUCH FINANCIAL COMPENSATION CAN I EXPECT FOR MY FLORIDA BOATING ACCIDENT?
The Tampa boating accident lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates have the dedication, negotiation skills, and litigation experience to ensure you obtain all the compensation you are legally entitled to receive. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Your physical pain
- Your mental and emotional suffering
- Lost income and decreased earning capacity
- Current and future medical expenses
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Property damage
- Other expenses and losses that are recoverable under Florida law.
WHERE TO GET LEGAL HELP IN TAMPA FROM AN EXPERIENCED BOATING ACCIDENT LAWYER
The Tampa boating accident lawyers at Dennis Hernandez will work tirelessly to ensure you receive fair and full compensation for your injuries. We do this by gathering timely evidence to prove negligence, aggressively negotiating on your behalf and demonstrating your need for compensation for the full extent of the physical, emotional, and financial harm the accident caused.
We never back down and, unlike some other Florida boat accident lawyers, we do not try to settle early to avoid going to trial. We welcome the chance to fight in court, if that is what is necessary to get you fair compensation. We are committed to providing you with outstanding support and advocacy through every step of the legal process.
Call us today at 855.529.3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.