TAMPA Truck ACCIDENT LAWYER
According to a report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there are more than 450,000 accidents involving large trucks in the U.S. each year, and that number is increasing. Unfortunately, more than 100,000 of these crashes cause injuries, which are often very serious or fatal.
People hurt in truck accidents may suffer from multiple injuries, including fractures, neck and spine injuries, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage and other life-threatening injuries. They may need long-term medical treatment, rehabilitation and ongoing care. They may be unable to work or participate in normal, everyday activities. As a result, they may have difficulties paying their bills and become very depressed and anxious.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Tampa truck accident lawyers understand how devastating truck accident injuries can be and want to help accident victims and their families get compensated fairly for the damages they have suffered. If you or a family member has recently been seriously injured in an accident involving a truck, please call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer who cares about your future.
We have helped hundreds of families throughout Florida achieve justice and get the financial compensation they need for a secure future after a serious accident injury and will put our expertise, resources and fortitude to work for you.
Common Questions about Tampa Truck Accident Injury Cases
The following sections on this page will answer these questions clients often ask us about truck accident cases:
- What Are the Causes of Truck Accidents in Tampa?
- What Are Common Truck Accident Injuries in Florida?
- How Do Truck Accident Injuries Affect Your Life?
- What Compensation Can You Recover for Truck Accident Injuries in Tampa?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Handle a Tampa Truck Accident Case?
- How Much Time Do I Have to Sue for Truck Accident Injuries in Florida?
- How Can Dennis Hernandez Tampa Truck Accident Lawyers Help Me?
For answers to specific questions about your potential truck accident case, please call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the Free Case Evaluation form on our website. Keep in mind that all of our advice and legal services are free to you until we win your case.
When trucks collide with cars, the impact can cause extensive damage to the car and the people inside it, while often leaving the truck, its cargo and driver virtually unscathed. Commercial trucks can be up to 30 times heavier than passenger vehicles, so it is not surprising that in 83% of fatal accidents involving large trucks, the person killed is a pedestrian, automobile driver or passenger in a car, not an occupant of the truck.
The weight and size of trucks that make them more dangerous than other vehicles in collisions also make them more difficult to maneuver safely. Large trucks take longer to stop than cars, they need extra space and time to make turns, and they can make seeing other vehicles difficult. When truck drivers are negligent and not being vigilant in using their mirrors to see vehicles in their blind spots or spot traffic problems or in being very careful when stopping or turning, they can cause serious accidents.
Other common causes of truck accidents are:
- Speeding – Drivers may be under pressure from their companies to get to their destinations as quickly as possible so they may drive too fast for the road conditions. Consequently, they can lose control of their trucks and collide with other vehicles or cause accidents if the truck rolls over.
- Driver fatigue – All drivers can get tired, but fatigue is a special problem for commercial truck drivers who may be under pressure to drive long hours without sleep to finish their runs more quickly. When drivers are overtired, they are not as cautious as they should be on the road and can cause accidents when changing lanes, swerving, or not stopping in time to avoid a collision.
- Distracted driving – When drivers use their phones or other devices while driving, the distraction can lead to negligent driving and collisions.
- Driver impairment – Drivers who are impaired by alcohol or illegal, prescription or over-the-counter drugs can be very negligent when driving. As the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says, “Driving while impaired by any substance – legal or illegal – puts you and others in harm’s way.” That’s why it is against the law in every state in the U.S.
- Mechanical problems – Mechanical problems caused by manufacturing defects or improper maintenance, especially involving the truck’s brakes or tires, can also cause major accidents.
Knowing what parties caused a truck accident is important for determining who can be considered responsible for the damages caused by the accident. When people or companies make mistakes because they are not as careful as the law requires them to be, they are considered negligent. Under Florida law, when their negligent mistakes harm you, you can hold them legally and financially responsible for that harm by bringing a claim against them for damages.
Our experienced Tampa truck accident lawyers have the know-how and resources to thoroughly investigate your accident and collect the evidence necessary to hold all responsible parties accountable for their negligence. We will do everything possible to help you obtain justice and the full compensation you deserve.
Truck accidents can cause multiple serious injuries. Among the most common of these injuries are
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Back and neck injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Rib and torso injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Unfortunately, fatal truck accident injuries are not uncommon. If a loved one suffered a fatal injury from a truck accident, you may be able to hold the responsible party or parties accountable through a wrongful death claim. We know that financial compensation cannot compensate you for the person you have lost, but it can lessen your burden and give you a sense of justice. The Dennis Hernandez Tampa wrongful death lawyers would be honored to help you during this difficult time.
Serious truck accident injuries can impact every aspect of your life. You may be bedridden for an extended period of time and require ongoing medical treatment. Hospital stays, office visits, medical procedures, medication, rehabilitation and other healthcare needs can be emotionally and physically draining.
The physical and emotional pain truck accident victims and their families experience can be exacerbated by financial concerns. If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be unable to make ends meet. Your medical expenses can be overwhelming, making you anxious about your family’s future.
The Dennis Hernandez Tampa truck accident lawyers think it’s wrong that you are suffering because of someone else’s negligence. We want to help you hold the negligent party or parties accountable for all they ways they have impacted your life and help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a Tampa truck accident caused or partially caused by someone else’s negligence, Florida law allows you to bring a personal injury claim against them, holding them liable for damages. In other words, you are entitled to sue the negligent party or parties for monetary compensation for the physical, emotional and financial damages caused by the accident.
By filing a claim, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Lost wages due to not being able to work or to work in the same capacity as before the accident
- Diminished earning capacity in the future
- Existing and future medical bills, including office visits, hospital stays, medical procedures, diagnostic testing, medications, assistive devices, rehabilitative therapy and transportation to appointments
- Mental anguish, depression and anxiety related to the accident and your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Your family’s loss of your assistance, guidance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers are experts in assessing the damages you and your family have suffered because of the accident, gathering the evidence necessary to demonstrate your need for substantial compensation, and fighting to make sure you get the settlement or award you deserve under Florida law.
If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, it is important for you to get the best legal advice possible from an experienced Tampa truck accident lawyer. You are not required to have an attorney represent you when bringing a truck accident personal injury claim; however, having an experienced lawyer protecting your rights and advocating for you can make a big difference in how much financial compensation you receive.
If you do not have an attorney representing for you, the negligent party’s insurance company is likely to offer you a much lower settlement than what they would offer if you had an attorney negotiating on your behalf. Insurance company representatives may try several different methods to get you to agree to a low settlement, or they may try denying payment altogether. However, they know that Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers mean business. We will not be deterred from fighting for the full amount you deserve, even if that means taking your case to court, so they typically will not use the same tactics with us.
In addition, having an experienced truck accident lawyer handling your negotiations means that you do not have to communicate with the other party’s insurance company at all. If someone from the insurance company contacts you and asks for information, you can simply direct them to us and avoid the stress and frustration of trying to handle things on your own.
Finally, if the insurance company does not make an acceptable offer, an experienced truck accident lawyer will be prepared to take your case to trial and fight in court for the full, fair amount you deserve. At Dennis Hernandez, we never give up or settle for less than the full amount you deserve.
Under Florida law, the statute of limitations for bringing a claim against a negligent party for truck accident injuries is four years from the date of the accident. If for some reason you wait more than four years, you will not be allowed to file a claim.
Consulting with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible is, therefore, very important. The Dennis Hernandez Tampa truck accident lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and options and make sure your claim is filed on time.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, getting expert advice and help from lawyers who have a proven record of successfully representing injured clients in Florida is highly recommended. The Dennis Hernandez lawyers in Tampa have been helping injured clients throughout Florida get the full compensation they deserve for more than twenty-five years. We understand the challenges you are facing and want to put our experience and skill to work for you.
The Dennis Hernandez Tampa truck accident lawyers will provide the best legal representation possible, and you will not pay anything until we win a satisfactory settlement or jury award. As your lawyers, we will:
- Discuss the details of your accident and injuries with you so we fully understand how to investigate and amass all the evidence necessary to prove negligence and demonstrate your need for substantial compensation.
- Assure that all evidence needed to prove negligence and demonstrate the full extent of your need for substantial compensation is collected and presented in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute a case strategy to help you obtain the maximum compensation.
- Negotiate aggressively with the negligent parties’ insurance company for the full amount of compensation you deserve.
- Never back down or advise you to accept a settlement offer that is less than you deserve.
- Keep you informed of all developments in your case and respond promptly to all of your questions and concerns.
- Be well prepared to take your case to court and fight to win the substantial award you need and deserve.
Some Florida personal injury attorneys try to settle with insurance companies to avoid going to trial, but we never back down. We will build a compelling case showing your need for compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages resulting from the truck accident and put our trial experience, resources and skill to work fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get the expert legal help you need to win your Tampa truck accident case.