Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Florida attracts increasing numbers of motorcyclists every year. Unfortunately, because of the popularity of motorcycling, the state also leads the nation in motorcycle crashes and fatal accidents. In fact, last year in Florida there were 8,875 motorcycle crashes, with 534 motorcycle accident fatalities.
If you have recently been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to get compensated for your injuries, pain and suffering. It’s important to consult with an experienced Florida motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your accident and possibly making a claim against the at-fault party.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys have helped numerous Tampa motorcycle accident victims get the substantial compensation they deserve. We are committed to helping you get compensated fairly for your injuries, pain and suffering.
Causes of Tampa Motorcycle Accidents
Although safety measure for motorcyclists have improved in the past ten years, people driving cars and trucks still often do not share the road safely with motorcycles. Motorcyclists themselves also continue to put themselves in dangerous situations.
The National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration reports that the leading causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorists failing to see the motorcycle – Given the size of a motorcycle compared to a passenger or commercial vehicle, it can be more difficult to spot a motorcycle on the roadway. Motorists frequently fail to see a motorcycle in their blind spot or even right next to them, resulting in a collision.
- Door accidents – Occupants of parked vehicles often fail to properly check for oncoming traffic before opening a vehicle door, which can be deadly for a motorcyclist.
- Dangerous road conditions – Wet roadways, uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway can all lead to a catastrophic collision on a motorcycle.
- Rider inexperience – By their very nature, motorcycles are more difficult – and more dangerous – to operate. An inexperienced rider can easily lose control and wind up crashing the motorcycle.
- Impaired drivers – Whether it’s the motorcyclist or the driver of another vehicle who is impaired, driving while under the influence on the part of either driver is a leading cause of serious accidents.
Serious Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, more than 80% of motorcycle accidents cause injuries. They can be as minor as road rash, but many are very serious or fatal. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones – When a motorcycle crashes, the rider and/or passenger is often thrown from the bike at a high rate of speed. This can result in multiple broken or fractured bones.
- Injured limbs – When extremities are seriously injured, it may be necessary to amputate the injured limb.
- Spinal cord injuries – When someone is thrown from a motorcycle during an accident, a spinal cord injury that may cause partial or total paralysis can occur.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – If the rider or passenger is thrown from the motorcycle, they could suffer a head and traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can cause anything from a mild concussion to severe, even fatal, brain damage.
- Death – Many serious motorcycle injuries ultimately lead to the victim’s death.
Long-term Effects of a Motorcycle Accident Injury
Many Tampa motorcycle accident victims require lengthy hospital stays, ongoing treatment and rehabilitation, and care at home. They suffer pain and emotional trauma and face many challenges, including:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
Compensation for injuries doesn’t stop pain, but it can help you and your family handle the financial burden of medical and care expenses. It’s very important to get help from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to ensure you obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Tampa Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you have been the victim of a Tampa motorcycle accident injury, you could be entitled to monetary compensation for the physical and emotional injuries caused by the accident. You may be able to hold the negligent party or parties liable for the damages they caused and obtain the compensation you deserve by filing a personal injury claim against them.
That is, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for economic damages (e.g., your out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle). You may also obtain non-economic damages to compensate you for the pain and emotional trauma you suffered as a result of the collision.
Get the Help You Need after a Tampa Motorcycle Accident Injury
If you suffered injuries as a result of a motorcycle crash, please get the medial attention you need to help you recover as fully as possible. Then contact the experienced Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA as soon as feasible to discuss your accident.
The attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates are committed to helping you obtain justice and get compensated fairly for your injuries. We assure that all evidence to prove negligence is collected in a timely manner, and we negotiate directly with insurance companies on your behalf.
Many injury lawyers will do everything in their power to settle with insurance companies and avoid going to trial, but we never back down. We will build a strong case to demonstrate your need for compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages resulting from the motorcycle accident, and we will leverage our trial experience and skill to fight for the compensation you deserve. Working with us means you will be supported through the entire legal process.
Call us at 855-LAW-DENNIS or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.