Winter Haven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Every year in Florida, there are more than 8,600 motorcycle accidents. In Polk County alone, approximately 300 motorcycle crashes occur each year, injuring more than 275 people and killing at least 20, according to data reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Motorcycle accident injuries are usually very serious, often requiring extensive and long-term medical and rehabilitative care. Accident victims often suffer physically, mentally and financially as they try to recover and get on with their lives. Family members can also suffer the consequences of not having the usual companionship, guidance and assistance from their loved one.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, you know the devastating effects of an accident all too well. At Dennis Hernandez in Winter Haven, our motorcycle accident attorneys do too. We have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and want to help you. We will protect your rights and work diligently to get all the financial compensation the law provides for your medical treatment, lost income, pain, suffering, mental anguish and diminished quality of life.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Central Florida?
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that most motorcycle accidents happen because somebody makes a mistake. Most of the time, the person who is at fault is the driver of the other vehicle, not the motorcycle rider.
Car and truck drivers may collide with motorcycles when the drivers don’t notice the motorcycles are there. This may happen because the drivers are negligent and fail to check their blind spots before turning left or changing lanes, or it may happen because drivers are being reckless.
Other common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Being impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Not reacting to dangerous weather conditions
- Failing to notice or respond to hazardous road conditions
- Rider inexperience
Often, a motorcycle accident can have more than one cause. Florida is a comparative fault state, however, so even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you still have the right to bring a claim for damages against the other party involved as long as they were also at fault.
A Dennis Hernandez Winter Haven motorcycle accident attorney has the experience, knowledge, and resources to investigate your accident, gather the evidence to demonstrate who was at fault and pursue the full, fair compensation you deserve. Please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to discuss your case with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney and get free legal advice on pursuing a motorcycle accident claim.
Common Serious Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes often cause severe injuries which may affect any part of the body. Researchers from the National Study Center for Trauma and EMS found that the lower extremities (legs, ankles, and feet) are the most common sites of injuries in motorcycle accidents. Other common injury sites include the upper extremities (arms, wrists, and hands), chest, head, face and neck, abdomen, and spine.
Injuries that affect these areas include:
- Limb injuries, which may cause a loss of function and sometimes even require amputation.
- Fractured or broken bones, including multiple fractures.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which may cause severe and irreversible brain damage.
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause paralysis or loss of sensation.
If the effects of your injury are expected to be ongoing, we will seek compensation that takes into account your long-term expenses and losses, including the continuing need for medical or rehabilitative treatment, chronic pain, stress, emotional suffering, loss of income and diminished quality of life. A Dennis Hernandez Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyer has the experience and skill to gather information and evidence about your injuries and treatment to demonstrate the full extent of your need for compensation.
What Compensation is Available in Winter Haven, Florida, for Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the Winter Haven area or anywhere in Florida, and the other driver was negligent, you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit to hold the other driver accountable. If you can prove that the other driver’s negligence caused or at least contributed to the accident, you can seek a substantial financial award to compensate you for the expenses and losses your injuries caused.
Your injuries may affect many aspects of your life, and you may be entitled to compensation for your current and future:
- Medical bills, including hospital stays, medications, office visits, medical procedures and assistive devices
- Rehabilitative care
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Trauma, anxiety, or depression
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of ability to do your usual activities
- Your family’s loss of your love, companionship, and support
Get the Help You Need from a Winter Haven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in which the other driver was completely or partially at fault, the experienced Dennis Hernandez Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyers will fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve. We will put our successful litigation experience to work for you by
- Thoroughly investigating the crash and gathering the evidence needed to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
- Amassing the evidence to show the full extent of your need for compensation for your current and future medical care, lost income, emotional distress, and your family’s loss of your companionship and support.
- Negotiating aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and never accepting an offer that is less than what you deserve.
- Being ready to fight for your rights in court, if the insurance company does not make a fair settlement offer.
- Not backing down or leaving money on the table.
- Giving your case the time and attention it deserves, responding quickly to all of your questions and concerns and keeping you informed on progress.
For help with your motorcycle accident case in Winter Haven, call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page. We look forward to talking with you. and putting our experience to work for you. Your consultations with us and case preparation are free until you achieve the settlement or award you deserve.