Westchase Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Westchase and the entire Tampa Bay area is a wonderful place to live and visit, yet it can also be very dangerous. Unfortunately, Hillsborough County is one of the leading counties in Florida for motorcycle accident fatalities, according to statistics from the Florida Department of Transportation, and Florida leads the nation in motorcycle crashes and fatal accidents.
Almost no one walks away from motorcycle accidents unhurt. In fact, Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ Crash Dashboard shows that more than 35 people die and more than 510 are injured annually in Hillsborough motorcycle accidents.
If you have recently been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be facing many challenges at once: dealing with pain, undergoing medical treatments, experiencing the stress of mounting bills at a time when your income may have dropped, being unable to do the things you used to do before the accident, and wondering what will happen in the future.
The Dennis Hernandez Westchase motorcycle accident lawyers understand these problems and want to help. We have many years of experience helping people like you get the compensation they need to move on with their lives. We would be glad to talk with you and advise you on your best course of action. You may well be eligible to bring a claim against the other driver seeking compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, and other expenses and losses that your injuries caused.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website for a free consultation with an experienced Dennis Hernandez Westchase motorcycle accident lawyer.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents That Injure People in Westchase?
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that the vast majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by human error. In accidents involving a motorcycle and a car, it’s usually the driver of the car who makes the mistake, not the motorcycle rider.
Knowing what caused the accident is important because if you were seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident where the other driver’s negligence was the cause, you may be entitled to file a claim against the driver for substantial compensation. Even if you and the other driver were both at fault, you may still be eligible to seek the compensation you need under Florida law because Florida uses a system of comparative fault in determining damages.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers not seeing a motorcycle, especially while the drivers are changing lanes or making left turns. Drivers may be negligent if they cause accidents because they fail to check their blind spots or are not paying enough attention to what is going on around them.
- Occupants of parked cars opening the doors without looking to see if there is any oncoming traffic.
- Drivers or motorcycle riders being impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Drivers or motorcycle riders ignoring or not noticing dangerous road conditions.
- Motorcycle rider inexperience.
- Speeding and breaking other traffic laws.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Westchase motorcycle accident lawyer has the resources, knowledge, and experience to investigate your accident thoroughly and gather the evidence necessary to show who was at fault for the accident.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Westchase, Florida
If someone is in a motorcycle accident, they are very likely to get shurt. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that over 80% of motorcycle crashes cause injuries. Some of these injuries may be minor, such as scrapes and minor burns, but many are very serious or fatal.
Common serious motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones – When a motorcycle crashes, the rider and/or passenger is often thrown from the bike at a high rate of speed. This can result in multiple broken or fractured bones.
- Injured limbs – When extremities are seriously injured, it may be necessary to amputate the injured limb.
- Spinal cord injuries – When someone is thrown from a motorcycle during an accident, a spinal cord injury that may cause partial or total paralysis can occur.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – If the rider or passenger is thrown from the motorcycle, they could suffer a head and traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can cause anything from a mild concussion to severe, even fatal, brain damage.
- Death – Many serious motorcycle injuries ultimately lead to the victim’s death.
Long-term Effects of a Motorcycle Accident Injury
Many people injured in motorcycle accidents need to stay in the hospital for care and treatment and then continue with ongoing treatment, rehabilitation and care at home. They can suffer physical pain and mental trauma and face many challenges, including:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
Getting financial compensation for these damages is not a miracle cure, but it can help you and your family manage the financial burden of medical and care expenses. It is very important to get help from a motorcycle accident attorney who has the experience needed to fully assess all the damages you have suffered and to fight for the full, fair compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Westchase Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to with a motorcycle accident claim depends on a number of factors, including the extent of your injuries, your ability to work, your need for medical treatment in the future and your family’s dependence on you. In general, however, you may be able to get compensation for:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, stress, depression
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, out-patient procedures, office visits, medication, assistive devices and rehabilitative care
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and support
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Westchase Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers will examine all the ways the accident injury has impacted your life and prepare a strong case for the substantial compensation you deserve.
Where to Find Legal Help Following a Westchase Motorcycle Accident
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, getting the medial attention you need to help you recover as fully as possible is crucial. Then, it’s important to contact the experienced Dennis Hernandez Westchase motorcycle accident attorneys to discuss your accident.
Our attorneys are committed to helping you obtain justice and get compensated fairly for your injuries. We will fight tirelessly for you by:
- Gathering all the evidence necessary to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
- Collecting all the evidence needed to show the full extent of your need for substantial compensation.
- Negotiating aggressively with the other driver’s insurance company and never accepting an offer that is less than you deserve.
- Leveraging our resources and trial experience to fight for your rights to full and fair compensation, and taking the fight to the courtroom, if necessary.
- Keeping you informed of progress on your case and being by your side every step of the way.
Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to find out more about how we can help you get the full, fair compensation you deserve.