University, Florida, Car Accident Lawyers
The population of the community of University in Orange County, Florida, increased more than 15% from 2010 to 2019. When the population increases like this, there are more cars on the road and, unfortunately, more car accidents. In Orange County in 2018 alone, there were 31,917 car crashes, according to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. One hundred seventy-seven people lost their lives in these accidents, and 22,984 were injured.
Many car accident injuries are very serious. They may require extensive medical treatment, hospitalizations, surgery, medication, therapy, rehabilitation, and special devices and equipment. These injuries may cause pain and limit the injured person’s ability to work, support their family, and do things around the house. The whole family may experience emotional distress.
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney wants you to know that you don’t have to deal with these problems by yourself. We welcome the opportunity to help people injured in Florida car accidents get the full compensation they need to treat their injuries and move on with their lives.
Should I Talk to a University, Florida, Car Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car accident, among the first things you should do are to get medical treatment and to contact your insurance company. If you are seriously injured, you should also talk to a car accident lawyer to make sure you get all the compensation that the law provides for you.
Your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will not cover all the costs of a serious injury. According to Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes, your insurance will only pay for a percentage of your medical expenses and lost income, up to a maximum of $10,000. If you expect that your lifetime costs for your injury-related medical care and your lifetime lost income will be more than $10,000, then you may want to consider filing a car accident injury claim against the other driver.
Many people don’t realize that the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law gives them the right to file a claim against or sue an at-fault driver if (1) their injuries are serious, and (2) the other driver was at least partially at fault. In addition, it is not always clear what constitutes a serious injury. Certainly, spinal cord injuries and lost limbs are serious and will require extensive medical treatments, surgeries, rehabilitation, and assistive equipment, but other injuries, such as fractures, may not seem as severe at first but could develop complications later.
A University, Florida, lawyer with experience in car accident cases can review the facts of your case and let you know if you should file a claim or a lawsuit against the other driver.
What Compensatory Damages Can Be Recovered with a Car Accident Claim?
Car accident victims who are seriously injured can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Medical expenses – those already incurred and any you are likely to incur in the future due to your injuries
- Lost income and diminished earing capacity
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
If you can no longer provide the companionship, care and support you did before the accident, your family may also be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium. you lost a family member in a fatal automobile accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Can I File My Own Claim Against a Florida At-Fault Driver?
Filing a car accident claim or lawsuit against an at-fault driver in Florida is not a do-it-yourself project. You will be much better off if you have a Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney working on your behalf. Insurance companies want to pay as little as possible on claims. When they see that someone is not represented by a lawyer, they try to take advantage by making settlement offers that are way too low.
When you have your own lawyer, you are in a much stronger position. An experienced lawyer will:
- Know what a fair settlement should be and isn’t fooled by insurance company tricks.
- Knows how to gather and present evidence to make a strong case that the other driver was negligent and should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Be able to demonstrate the full extent of your expenses and losses, including those that extend into the future, and ensure that you get full and fair compensation.
Finding Legal Help in University, Florida, for Your Car Accident Claim
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has decades of experience fighting for the rights of people injured in car accidents. We won’t back down and we won’t charge you any fees until you win your case.
If you hire us to represent you in the pursuit of justice, we will:
- Find the evidence necessary to show the other driver was negligent and should be held accountable for your injuries.
- Analyze your medical expenses from the time of the accident until the present and projected into the future for as long as treatment is expected to be necessary.
- Do the same type of thorough analysis for lost income.
- Show why you should be compensated for pain and suffering, lost abilities, lessened enjoyment of life, and similar losses.
- Use our trial and litigation experience to get ready to fight, if necessary, and win in court.
To get started, call the Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney in University at 813.250.0000, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website.