Tarpon Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida is one of the leading states for motorcycle accidents. Every year in Florida, approximately 7,500 people are injured in motorcycle crashes, and an additional 600 more people are killed. In Pinellas County alone, more than 380 motorcycle accident victims are injured annually, and more than 25 lose their lives.
Those who survive motorcycle crashes often have injuries that are very serious. Fractures (and sometimes multiple fractures), internal organ injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), injuries to the torso, lower and upper extremity injuries, and spinal column injuries are all unfortunately common, according to data compiled by the Florida Department of Transportation.
If you or a family member were seriously injured in a recent motorcycle accident in Tarpon Springs or anywhere in Florida, you may have the legal right to file a negligence claim and obtain substantial financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, and lower quality of life. Or, if a family member was killed in a motorcycle crash, you may be able to receive compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
To find out if you can receive compensation, you should talk to an experienced Tarpon Springs motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as you can. The Dennis Hernandez Tarpon Springs legal team would be glad to provide a free case evaluation that will let you know what your rights are and what steps you can take next.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this webpage to get started on your case.
Lasting Effects of Motorcycle Crash Injuries
When people are seriously injured in motorcycle accidents, they may need ongoing medical and/or rehabilitative care. The effects of the injuries may last a long time, or they may be permanent. These long-term challenges may include:
- Chronic pain
- Ongoing medical bills
- Long-term or permanent loss of income
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of previous abilities
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and/or anxiety
- Need for care at home, medical equipment, and/or assistive devices
- Lower quality of life
The Dennis Hernandez Tarpon Springs legal team believes that if you were seriously injured and the other driver was at fault or partially at fault, you deserve compensation for all the harm you are suffering now, plus additional compensation for the injury-related problems you are expected to face in the future.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Tarpon Springs motorcycle accident lawyer has the knowledge and resources to help you obtain full compensation for all your present and future injury-related expenses and losses.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Tarpon Springs?
In 94 out of 100 motorcycle crashes, human error is the main cause. For accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle, the driver of the other vehicle, and not the motorcyclist, is at fault 64% of the time.
The National Transportation Safety Board found that the most common types of motorcycle accidents occur when:
- Another vehicle is turning left in front of the motorcycle. This accounts for 30% of motorcycle accidents. Vehicle drivers often cause collisions at intersections because they fail to see a motorcycle.
- The motorcycle falls on the road while trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle.
- The motorcycle runs off the road without the involvement of another vehicle.
- The other vehicle sideswipes the motorcycle, often because the vehicle driver fails to check his or her blind spots when changing lanes.
Motor vehicle drivers who are involved in a crash with a motorcycle may be at fault if they are not paying enough attention to the road, are distracted by their phones, are tired, are impaired by drugs or alcohol, are speeding, are not making adjustments for bad road or weather conditions, or in any other way are not driving with the reasonable care that Florida law requires.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Tarpon Springs motorcycle accident lawyer will investigate your motorcycle accident thoroughly and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
Compensation for Westchase Motorcycle Accident Injuries
By bringing a motorcycle accident claim against the negligent driver, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for the damages you have suffered. These damages may be both economic and non-economic, including your:
- Mental distress, anxiety and depression
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and support
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, out-patient procedures, office visits, medication, assistive devices and rehabilitative care
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Tarpon Springs Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers will assess the many ways the accident injury has affected your life and amass the evidence to make a compelling case for the substantial compensation you deserve.
Get Legal Help in Tarpon Springs after a Motorcycle Accident
At Dennis Hernandez, we are committed to fighting for justice for motorcyclists who were injured in accidents caused, at least in part, by someone else’s negligence.
We are committed to fighting for justice and the full, fair compensation you deserve for the damages you have suffered. As your lawyers, we will be by your side throughout every step of the legal process. We will:
- Fight to get you every penny of the compensation you deserve for your injury-related medical bills, lost income, pain, emotional distress, and lower quality of life.
- Investigate the accident thoroughly and gather the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence.
- Collect the evidence needed to build a compelling case demonstrating your full need for compensation.
- Negotiate aggressively with the driver’s insurance company so you don’t have to.
- Put our litigation experience to work preparing for trial in case we need to take the fight to the courtroom.
- Never back down!
Let us put our experience, knowledge, and resources to work for you. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.