Tarpon Springs Car Accident Lawyers
The number of people living in and visiting Tarpon Springs and the rest of Pinellas County has been growing steadily. While this growth benefits the local economy, it also has the negative effect of leading to more traffic on the roads and more car accidents.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that from January through September, 2021, there were 6,940 people who were injured in car crashes in Pinellas County and 111 people who died in the county’s 12,237 vehicle accidents. This compare to 14,313 car accidents in 2020, of which 5,786 were injury crashes and 102 were fatal crashes.
If you or a loved one has been injured in one of these car accidents, Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is available to help you in Tarpon Springs. You don’t have to deal with the problems caused by your injuries on your own. Our experienced Tarpon Springs car accident lawyers will stand up for you and fight to get you the full compensation you deserve for you pain, suffering and losses.
What Compensation Can I Get in a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Injury Case?
Even though Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, you may be able to get compensation that goes far above the limits of your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance plan if the other driver was negligent and you were seriously injured. If your medical expenses are more than $10,000, you may be able to seek full compensation for your medical costs, lost income, and other noneconomic losses in a lawsuit against the other driver.
You should consult with an experienced Tarpon City car accident lawyer to find out your rights under Florida law. The amount of compensation you could receive from a lawsuit against an at-fault driver is substantial. It may include compensation for:
- Your medical expenses, both current expenses and those projected to be needed in the future for as long as you will need treatment for your injuries, whether that is a few more months or the rest of your life. Medical expenses may include doctor appointments, medications, diagnostic tests, outpatient procedures, hospitalizations, surgery, other inpatient procedures, assistive devices, transportation to and from your medical appointments, therapy (physical, psychological, occupational, etc.), and medical supplies.
- Lost income, both current and future income expected to be lost because of your reduced earning capacity for as long as your injury affects your ability to work, from now until what would have been your retirement age.
- “Non-economic damages,” which refer to the less tangible ways that your injury affects your quality of life, such as pain, anxiety, disfigurement, inability to help your family the way you used to, and a decrease in your enjoyment of life. Although these damages do not have specific price tags the way medical expenses do, the compensation awarded for non-economic damages in a car crash lawsuit can be substantial.
If a family member died in a Florida car accident, you may have the right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent driver.
How Do I Prove the Other Driver Was at Fault in a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Lawsuit?
Florida law gives you the right to seek compensation when the other driver was negligent and the negligence cause the crash that led to your injuries. Some of the most common ways that drivers can be negligent include:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Driving while distracted by cell phones, other electronic devices, talking to passengers, reaching for things inside the car, or eating.
- Driving while tired or drowsy.
- Breaking traffic laws, especially by speeding.
- Not adjusting their speed to the weather and road conditions.
To pursue a claim or lawsuit against the negligent driver, your lawyer will have to show that the other driver was at fault. The Dennis Hernandez Tarpon Springs car accident lawyers know exactly how to do this most effectively. They will put their experience, legal knowledge, resources, and determination to work finding the evidence that will persuasively demonstrate that the other driver was completely or partially at fault for the accident.
Help Is Available with Your Florida Car Accident Claim in Tarpon Springs
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney will fight for your right to get all the compensation that the law provides. Our team of experienced Tarpon Springs car accident lawyers will:
- Guide you step-by-step through the whole legal process.
- Keep you informed of all the important developments in your case in a timely manner.
- Investigate the accident and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate the other driver was at fault.
- Establish the full value of your current and future medical expenses, lost income and noneconomic damages.
- Gather and present compelling evidence to demonstrate your need for substantial compensation.
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company and never settle for less than you deserve.
- Be prepared to fight for you rights in court and never back down.
We are skilled litigators who never hesitate to go to trial if that’s what it takes to get you the full compensation you need and deserve, and we don’t charge you a fee until we win your case.
Call us today in Tarpon Springs at 813.250.0000, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to find out more about how we can help you get the settlement or award you deserve.