St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Given the year-round warm weather and beautiful scenery, Florida has long been a popular place to ride motorcycles. Unfortunately, the state also leads the nation in motorcycle crashes and fatal accidents. In fact, in one year, there were over 500 motorcycle crashes in Pinellas County alone, with 428 people suffering injuries and 29 being fatally injured.
Victims of motorcycle accidents often suffer serious physical injuries, emotional trauma and financial hardship that impacts their entire family. Locating medical providers and services, as well as trying to pay your bills can add additional stress and anxiety to an already difficult situation.
Fortunately, help is available to ease some of the burden. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA have extensive experience helping accident victims recover the compensation to which they are entitled and want to help you.
St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Causes
Despite increased safety standards for motorcyclists and laws intended to protect them, motorcycles continue to be involved in many more collisions than bicyclists and motorists. According to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the leading causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Failing to see a motorcyclist – Despite efforts to raise awareness of the presence of motorcycles, motorists still fail to see them. This negligence causes numerous collisions.
- Door accidents – When the occupant of a parked vehicle fails to see a motorcycle coming before opening a door, a motorcyclist can collide with the door and suffer serious injuries.
- Rider inexperience – Operating a motorcycle safely requires skill and experience. When the motorcyclist lacks either skill or experience or both, crashes can and do occur.
- Impaired drivers –Driving while under the influence on the part of a motorcyclist or another driver continues to be a leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Dangerous road conditions – When a motorcyclist fails to adjust to road conditions, including wet or uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway, it can lead to a serious accident.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, motorcyclists are injured in four out of five motorcycle accidents. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries, leading to partial or total paralysis, can happen if the rider is thrown during the accident.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Being thrown from the motorcycle during an accident can result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range in severity from a mild concussion to severe brain damage.
- Broken or fractured bones – Because a motorcycle offers little protection to the riders when an accident occurs, multiple broken or fractured bones are common injuries.
- Injured limbs –It can be necessary to amputate a limb if it was severely injured in a collision.
- Fatal injuries – A serious motorcycle accident can result in fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
Compensation for St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Injuries
As the victim of a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident, you may be faced with the physical, emotional, and financial impact of the accident for years to come. Many victims suffer from:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional trauma
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
Although money does not take away the pain, it does hold the negligent party responsible, and it is the law’s way of compensating you for your injuries and pain. As a motorcycle accident victim, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for economic damages, such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle as well as non-economic damages that are intended to compensate you for the emotional trauma you suffered as a result of the accident.
A qualified motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand and obtain all of the compensation to which you are entitled. The skilled accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez, PA have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and are eager to help you.
We Can Help with Your St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, you should seek medical attention and have a complete examination done to check for serious injuries. Getting the treatment and care you need can make a huge difference in your recovery. So too can contacting a motorcycle accident attorney with the experience and know-how needed to help you recover the full compensation to which you are entitled.
The skilled motorcycle attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA are dedicated to ensuring that motorcycle accident victims are fully and fairly compensated. We work diligently to gather evidence of negligence on the part of the at-fault party and then negotiate directly with insurance companies on your behalf. When a satisfactory settlement is not possible, we put our extensive trial experience and resources to work fighting for your rights in court.
We will not back down and settle for less than you deserve. We are committed to justice for you and your family and will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure you are protected and justly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard. https://www.flhsmv.gov/traffic-crash-reports/crash-dashboard/
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.