Motorcycle accidents are, unfortunately, common in Florida. In the Tampa area alone, there are more than 600 motorcycle crashes in a single year. These accidents often cause devastating injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, crushed limbs, multiple broken bones and internal injuries.
If you were recently seriously injured in a Tampa motorcycle crash or if a family member was fatally injured, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. An experienced Tampa motorcycle accident attorney can help you obtain the maximum compensation available for your medical care, lost income, pain, and suffering.
Serious Injuries and Fatalities from Tampa Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle riders are far more likely to be seriously hurt in crashes than people who are driving or riding in cars or other enclosed vehicles. Without having the protection of a vehicle around them, motorcyclists can be crushed, pinned under their bikes, or thrown with tremendous force onto the road.
The resulting injuries may include multiple broken bones, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, severely damaged limbs, and injuries to internal organs. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in a single year, 584 motorcyclists suffered a fatal injury from a collision and another 1,813 suffered an incapacitating injury.
Motorcycle Crash Injuries Are Often Life-Altering
Serious injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes often require on-going medical treatment and rehabilitation. Accident victims may be permanently disabled. They may never again be able to earn as much as they did before the accident, or they may be unable to work at all. They may have scars, disfigurements, and/or chronic pain. These long-term impacts change almost every aspect of their lives. Their families will also suffer from a loss of companionship and support.
Why Getting Help from an Experienced Attorney Is Important
When you have mounting medical bills and lower income after a crash, the financial pressure can be intense. An experienced Tampa motorcycle accident attorney can help you get all the compensation that Florida law provides for victims of accidents where the other driver was at fault.
When you have an experienced motorcycle attorney’s help, you don’t have to negotiate or fight with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Your attorney will protect your rights, look out for your interests, and make sure that the compensation you receive is fair.
How an Experienced Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
When you have an experienced Tampa motorcycle attorney on your side, they will take care of the legal matters so you can focus your energy on getting better. Your attorney will help you get the maximum available compensation by taking these steps on your behalf:
- Investigating the accident. This may include going to the scene of the accident, taking pictures, reviewing any existing pictures and videos, speaking to witnesses, consulting with experts, and reviewing the police report. Your attorney will use the evidence gathered to prove that the other driver was negligent and should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Calculating the value of your claim. Your attorney will obtain and review your medical records and may consult with medical experts. This information will be used to demonstrate your full need for care and medical treatment both now and in the future.
- Filing a claim or a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Your lawyer will take the steps necessary to file a claim or lawsuit, including completing and submitting all required paperwork correctly and on time.
- Building a strong case. Your lawyer will use their experience in motorcycle accident law to build a strong case supported by the evidence they have gathered showing your full need for compensation.
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf. An experienced attorney will stand up to the insurance company’s attorneys and representatives and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Taking your case to court, if necessary. Unlike many other Florida accident attorneys, the Dennis Hernandez Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys will not back down or settle for less than you deserve. We are always ready and well-prepared to take your case to the courtroom and fight to win, if the insurance company will not agree to a fair settlement.
What Financial Compensation You May Receive
In a Tampa motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit, you may receive substantial compensation for your present and expected future medical expenses and lost income. Medical expenses may include doctor visits, emergency department care, in-patient care, surgery, medicine, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs, and any needed modifications to your home.
You may also receive compensation for your “non-economic damages.” These may include physical pain, trauma, anxiety, depression, loss of enjoyment of life, disabilities, scarring, and your family’s losses due to your injuries.
Why Choose the Dennis Hernandez Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The Dennis Hernandez law firm has been helping accident victims throughout the state for more than 25 years. Dennis Hernandez is a fifth-generation native of Tampa, a Harvard Law graduate, and an enthusiastic motorcyclist.
Our Tampa motorcycle accident team is dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims in our community get the compensation they need to relieve financial stress and be able to rebuild their lives.
We never charge a fee until you win your case. Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the simple FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to take the first step toward getting the compensation you need.