Seminole Car Accident Lawyers
The city of Seminole is an ideal place to live. Many people move here because of the natural beauty, beaches, parks, shopping and friendly community. Unfortunately, however, as the population in the area grows, there are more cars on the roads and more car accidents.
Statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles show that from January through November of 2021, there were 14,600 crashes on the roads of Pinellas County, up from 14,313 in 2020. Many people got hurt in those crashes: 8,374 were injured and 133 lost their lives.
Car crash injuries are often very serious. The sudden impact and the weight of the vehicles can cause devastating injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident, you know how the accident and injuries can affect every aspect of your life.
At Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney, we understand how difficult it is to deal with a serious injury, to need extensive and often long-term medical care, to have to adapt to new physical limitations, to be in pain, to lose income, and to be unable to do all the things you used to be able to do. We want you to know that you don’t have to deal with all the challenges of a car accident injury by yourself. Our expert car accident lawyers in Seminole will help protect your rights and fight for the full compensation you need to move on with your life.
What Kind of Compensation Is Available in Seminole, Florida, for Your Car Crash Injuries?
Many people in Florida do not realize that they may be able to file a lawsuit if they are seriously injured in an accident in which the other driver was at fault. Pursuing a lawsuit against an at-fault driver lets you seek more compensation than you can get from your no-fault insurance policy.
According to the Florida Statutes Section 627.736, the maximum you can receive from your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance is $10,000 for your medical treatment and lost income. If you were seriously injured, this will not be enough to cover your medical expenses, let alone help compensate you for any income you might lose due to your car accident injury.
Fortunately, Section 627.737 of the Florida Statutes gives car accident victims the right to sue for a higher amount if they are seriously injured. The law on this point is, however, complicated, and some people assume they do not meet the threshold for having been seriously injured when in fact, they would be able to sue under Florida law.
We advise people throughout Florida to consult with an experienced car accident attorney to help them decide if they should sue an at-fault driver. The Dennis Hernandez Seminole car accident lawyers would be glad to discuss your case with and advise you on your best course of action. There is no charge and no obligation for our case review!
Why File a Car Accident Injury Lawsuit in Seminole?
If you file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver, you may be eligible to receive compensation for far more than the maximum $10,000 your Florida PIP plan will provide. In addition to receiving compensation for your present medical costs and lost income, you can also pursue compensation for:
- Medical treatment that you are expected to need in the future
- Lost earnings and loss of earning capacity expected in the future
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Other effects of the injury on your life and your family’s life, including impairment, disfigurement, and the loss of your ability to help your famil
- Other damages, as provided by Florida law.
If a loved one passed away from car accident injuries, Florida Statutes Section 768.21 gives you the right to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit in Seminole. You can seek compensation for:
- The loss of your loved one’s support and services
- Your pain and suffering
- The loss of a spouse’s companionship
- The loss of a parent’s companionship, instruction, and guidance
- Your loved one’s medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Other damages provided by Florida law
We Can Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve for Your Car Accident Injuries
The Dennis Hernandez Seminole car accident lawyers welcome the opportunity to put our experience, knowledge, and skill to work helping you get the compensation you deserve. At Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney, we fight for your rights by:
- Investigating the accident thoroughly and gathering evidence in a timely manner
- Using the evidence to prove the other driver was negligent
- Using medical and workplace records and consulting with experts to show the full extent of your need for damages for medical treatment, lost income, and physical and emotional pain, now and in the future
- Negotiating aggressively on your behalf with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Preparing a compelling argument for the courtroom in case we need to go to trial to get you a fair result
- Guiding you through the legal process, keeping you informed, and being available to answer questions
- Never backing down!
The sooner you get started on your case, the better. Act now while the evidence is still fresh and before you miss the deadline to file a case. We never charge a fee until you get the settlement or award you deserve.
Call us today in Seminole at 727.697.0000 or fill out the form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION and to get started on your case.