Safety Harbor Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, Florida usually leads the nation in motorcycle accident fatalities and injuries, with approximately 8,650 motorcycle crashes occurring here each year. In Safety Harbor and surrounding Pinellas County, more than 380 people are injured in motorcycle crashes each year. That averages out to more than one motorcycle accident injury a day.
Many of those injuries are very serious or life-threatening. Motorcyclists are exposed to the road without the protections that people in enclosed passenger vehicles take for granted. The impact of a crash can send motorcycle riders and passengers flying through the air at great speeds and hitting the ground or another object with tremendous force. Motorcyclists can also be crushed, dragged, or otherwise severely injured.
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be experiencing many difficulties at the same time. Chronic pain, the need for long-term medical treatment and the inability to do all the things you used to are enough to cause severe depression and anxiety. When coupled with mounting medical expenses and potential financial hardship, the consequences can be devastating.
The experienced, compassionate Dennis Hernandez Safety Harbor motorcycle accident lawyers understand these consequences and want to help you obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve for your medical expenses, pain, suffering and losses. If your accident was partially or completely someone else’s fault, we can help you obtain substantial compensation for your injury-related expenses and losses, including medical treatment, lost income, and lower quality of life.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website for free expert advice on pursuing a claim for damages from a Safety Harbor motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that the vast majority (94%) of crashes between motorcycles and other vehicles are the result of human error. Additionally, more than half of the time, the fault lies with the other vehicle driver, not the motorcycle rider.
When people are driving on public roads, they have a legal responsibility to drive in a reasonably safe manner. If they fail to meet this standard, their failure is considered negligence, and they can be held legally responsible for the harm their negligent behavior causes.
Some of the most common types of negligence that cause motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers failing to see motorcycles. If a driver doesn’t even realize that a motorcycle is nearby, they may collide with it and cause a serious accident. This can happen when drivers don’t check their blind spots before changing lanes or making turns, or when they are not paying enough attention to what is going on around them.
- Impairment by alcohol or drugs. Either the vehicle driver or the motorcycle rider may cause or contribute to an accident if they are driving or riding while impaired.
- Driver fatigue. Drivers who are tired have slower reaction times and make more driving mistakes.
- Distracted driving. Texting while driving or other distractions are a common cause of accidents.
An experienced Safety Harbor motorcycle accident lawyer will analyze the circumstance surrounding your accident and determine if you have a good case for seeking substantial compensation from the at-fault driver. The Dennis Hernandez lawyers will consult with you and provide FREE expert legal advice.
Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries Affecting Safety Harbor Residents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, people are injured in four out of five motorcycle accidents, Many of their injuries are very serious.
Motorcycle accident injuries can affect all parts of the body. However, more than a quarter of serious motorcycle crash injuries in Florida are injuries to the torso. These include broken ribs and pelvic bones and damage to the heart, lungs, or other internal organs. Injuries to the legs and feet are also common, especially broken bones in the lower legs. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are also a common result of accidents. Sometimes TBIs are mild, but other times they can cause permanent disability or death.
How Much Compensation You Could Receive for Safety Harbor Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Safety Harbor or anywhere else in Florida, and the accident was at least partially due to someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to substantial financial compensation for your current and future accident-related damages. These damages can be both economic and non-economic, including:
- Medical expenses, including doctors, diagnostic tests, medication, hospitals, surgeries, rehabilitation, assistive equipment, and the cost of your transportation to medical appointments.
- Lost income and loss of earning power.
- Scarring, disfigurement and/or disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish, anxiety and trauma.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Safety Harbor motorcycle accident lawyer has the knowledge and resources to amass the evidence need to build a compelling case demonstrating your full need for substantial compensation.
We Can Help You Obtain Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Safety Harbor
As your motorcycle accident lawyers, we will leave no stone unturned in our quest to get you all the compensation you deserve. We will:
- Demonstrate the other party’s fault by thoroughly investigating the accident, gathering the necessary evidence and presenting it persuasively.
- Show the full extent of your injury-related losses and expenses with detailed accounts of the damages you have suffered and can be expected to suffer in the future.
- Negotiate forcefully with the other driver’s insurance company and never accept an offer that is less than you deserve.
- Put our litigation experience and skills to work preparing for trial in case we need to take the insurance company to court to protect your legal rights and obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
- Be by your side every step of the way, responding promptly to your questions and concerns and keeping you updated on progress on your case.
Other attorneys may try to settle early to avoid going to trial, but at Dennis Hernandez, we never back down or settle for less than what you truly deserve.
Call us today at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page for the experienced legal help you need in Safety Harbor.