Palmetto Car Accident Lawyers
Palmetto, Florida, is a charming and peaceful community on the Manatee River. However, as the population of Palmetto and Manatee County has increased, more cars are on the roads, and there have been more crashes. In the first 11 months of 2021, there were 6,036 car crashes in Manatee County, as reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. More than 4,500 people were injured in those crashes, up from 4,430 in 2020.
Injuries from car crashes are often severe and cause big changes in the lives of injured people and their families. If you or a loved one were seriously hurt in an accident in the Palmetto area, you may be facing the prospect of long-term medical treatments, lower income and mounting bills. Dealing with all these problems at once can be very stressful.
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney wants you to know you don’t have to deal with these problems on your own. We have been helping accident victims throughout Florida for many years. Our dedicated Palmetto car accident lawyers would be glad to put their experience and skill to work helping you obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve to move ahead with your life.
What Is Considered a Serious Palmetto Car Accident Injury?
Many people who are injured in Florida car accidents don’t know that the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law allows them to file a lawsuit for compensation if their injuries are serious and the other driver was at fault for the accident.
Florida Statutes Section 627.737 states the requirements for seeking compensation beyond that provided by your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. Your injury must be permanent, cause permanent and significant disfigurement or scarring, cause permanent and significant loss of an important function of the body, or cause death.
These are some of the types of serious injuries that may enable you to seek compensation from the at-fault driver:
- Broken bones: Serious broken bone injuries may cause chronic pain, impair functioning, or become infected, and they may require surgery.
- Burns: Serious burn injuries may cause extreme pain and cause permanent scars or disfigurement.
- Back and neck injuries: Injuries to the discs in the back or neck may cause permanent problems that get worse over time, eventually requiring surgery.
- Spinal cord injuries: Serious injuries to the spinal cord can cause loss of function or sensation in the arms and legs and may cause paralysis.
- Brain Injuries: Severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) may cause permanent problems with thinking, learning, motor skills, sight, vision, emotions, or behavior.
- Crushed Limbs: Severely crushed or torn limbs may be so damaged that they have to be amputated.
- Other serious injuries: Other injuries that meet the legal definition may enable you to sue the at-fault driver. Our experienced Palmetto car accident lawyers would be glad to evaluate your case.
Determining if your injuries meet the threshold for being considered serious according to the law may seem confusing, so it is always wise to seek advice from an experienced car accident attorney. Our Palmetto car accident lawyers would be glad to provide you with a free case evaluation and advise you on whether you can sue the at-fault driver for substantial compensation.
Why Pursue a Lawsuit for a Palmetto, Florida, Car Accident Injury?
Your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) no-fault insurance will only cover a maximum of $10,000 for your medical treatment and lost income, so if you were seriously injured, filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver may be necessary to get the full compensation you need.
By holding the at-fault driver responsible for the accident and your serious injuries, you may be able to pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses, including expenses you are expected to need in the future for as long as you need medical treatment, medications, rehabilitation, and other injury-related healthcare.
- Lost income, including diminished earning capacity in the future.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Impairment and/or disfigurement
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Your family’s loss of your affection, support, and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Florida Statutes Section 768.21 also gives you the right to seek compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one who lost his or her life in a fatal car accident.
Our Palmetto Car Accident Lawyers Want to Help You Get Compensated Fairly for Your Car Accident Injuries
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is dedicated to helping people like you get justice and fair compensation for your serious injuries. Our Palmetto car accident lawyers have the experience, knowledge, skill, and resources to help you by thoroughly investigating the accident, proving your need for substantial compensation, negotiating aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, never settling for less than you deserve, being willing and ready to go to trial if needed to get you a fair result.
We never back down in the fight for justice!
Call us in Palmetto at 813.250.0000 or fill out the simple form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION.