Oldsmar Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida’s climate, miles of scenic roads and many rallies make it the perfect place to own and ride a motorcycle. In fact, Florida attracts thousands of bikers from around the country each year and is second only to California in number of registered motorcycles.
Unfortunately, Florida also ranks high in the number of motorcycle accidents and injuries that occur each year. Across the state, there are more than 8,500 motorcycle crashes in a year. In Oldsmar and surrounding Pinellas County alone, there are approximately 435 motorcycle crashes per year. More than 380 people are injured in those crashes, and 30 people are killed.
Many of the motorcycle accident injuries are serious, even life-threatening or fatal. Accident victims often require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. They may suffer with chronic pain and mental anguish, and they may be unable to work or work in the same capacity they used to. Mounting medical expenses coupled with decreased income can result in devastating financial hardship.
If you have been seriously injured in a recent motorcycle crash in the Oldsmar area or anywhere in Florida, talking to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible can help you handle some of these challenges. An Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyer will listen to what happened to you, investigate the circumstances of your accident and injury and let you know if you should file a claim to seek compensation for damages.
You could qualify for substantial financial compensation for your pain, suffering, mental anguish, medical expenses, lost income and other losses associated with your motorcycle accident injury
Call the Dennis Hernandez Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyers at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to find out about your right to pursue a claim for compensation.
Common Injuries Sustained in Florida Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcyclists are often severely injured in crashes because they are so exposed to the road. The impact of a crash can send them flying through the air at a high speed and then slam them against the ground with tremendous force. Motorcycle riders and passengers can also be severely injured if they are crushed under their bikes or if they are dragged along the ground.
Almost any part of the body can be injured in a motorcycle crash. Data from the Florida Department of Transportation shows that in fatal crashes, 42% of motorcyclists had injuries in multiple areas of their bodies, and 29% had traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
The same study shows that for motorcycle accident victims who survived but were injured seriously enough to go to the hospital, 27% had injuries in their torsos, 21% in their lower extremities (legs and feet), 20% had traumatic brain injuries, and 13% had spinal column injuries.
The Dennis Hernandez Oldsmar motorcycle accident legal team has experience working with people with many different types of injuries. We have the knowledge, skill, and resources to build a convincing case to show the full extent of your need for medical treatment and your losses both now and in the future. We will aggressively seek full, fair compensation for your medical expenses, as well as all of your other injury-related expenses and losses.
Compensation Available in Oldsmar for Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Florida law requires drivers to use reasonable care to avoid causing accidents. If a driver fails to use the required level of care, and their negligence contributes to or causes an accident, they can be held financially responsible for the expenses and losses suffered by anyone who is hurt in the crash.
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that when there is an accident involving a motorcycle and another vehicle, the cause of the accident is human error 94% of the time. Usually, it’s the fault of the other driver, not the motorcycle rider.
If the other driver in your accident was partially or totally responsible for the crash, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to seek compensation from the driver’s insurance company. Your injuries affect many aspects of your life, and compensation may be available for a wide range of things you have suffered, including:
- Expenses for doctor bills, hospital stays, surgery, medication, other medical treatments, therapy, rehabilitation, and assistive devices.
- Income lost because you can’t work at all or can only work reduced hours or at a job that pays less than you were making before the accident.
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, PTSD, depression
- Disability, scarring, disfigurement
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Dennis Hernandez Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience to assess all the economic and non-economic damages you have suffered and may suffer in the future because of your motorcycle accident injury. We will put our experience to work fighting for your legal right to substantial compensation.
Getting Legal Help in Oldsmar after a Motorcycle Accident
If you were seriously hurt in a motorcycle crash in Oldsmar or anywhere in Florida, you don’t have to face all of your challenges and deal with the legal system on your own. An experienced Dennis Hernandez Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyer can guide you through the system, protect your rights, and fight on your behalf.
As your lawyers, we will:
- Handle all communications with the other driver’s insurance company, so that you don’t have to.
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and find evidence that will show the other driver was at fault and should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Build a compelling case demonstrating the other driver as at fault and showing your full need for compensation for your present and future medical expenses, income losses, pain, suffering, and all other expenses and losses that may be compensated under Florida law.
- Stand up for your rights and never accept an offer from the insurance company that is not the full compensation you deserve.
- Put our trial experience and skills to work preparing to go to trial and win, if the insurance company does not agree to a fair settlement.
- Keep you updated on progress on your case and respond promptly to all of your questions and concerns.
We are committed to fighting for justice for our injured clients and will never back down or settle for less than the full, fair amount you deserve.
Give us a call at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.