Ocala Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Ocala’s scenic roads attract motorcycle enthusiasts from all over Florida and other states. Unfortunately, some of those riders get injured in accidents. In fact, each year, there are close to 220 motorcycle crashes in Ocala and surrounding Marion County. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, more than 200 of those accidents cause injuries, and about 20 of the crashes are fatal,
If you were seriously injured, or a loved one lost their life, in a recent motorcycle crash in the Ocala area or anywhere in Florida, you may be able to seek substantial compensation, if the other driver’s negligence caused or contributed to the accident. Financial compensation cannot undo all the damages that may have occurred because of the accident injury, but it can give you peace of mind about the future and paying for medical expenses, as well as a sense of justice. Keep in mind that compensation may be available for medical treatment expenses, lost income, pain, emotional suffering, and other injury-related expenses and losses.
That is why it’s important to talk to an experienced Ocala motorcycle accident lawyer to find out if you have a good case for filing a claim against the at-fault driver. The Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims like you obtain justice and receive the full and fair compensation you need. Please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to find out more about filing a motorcycle accident injury claim.
What Compensation Is Available in Ocala for Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and another driver caused or partially caused the accident, you may be entitled to file a claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver to hold them accountable for your injuries. You can seek a substantial settlement or award that will provide financial compensation for the physical, mental and financial damages the accident caused.
The amount of compensation you may receive will depend on the severity of your injuries, how long you are expected to need medical and rehabilitative care, how much income you have lost and may continue to lose, and the ways that your injuries have lowered the quality of life for you and your family. In general, however, Florida law allows you to pursue compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Existing and probably future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Decreased earning potential
- Your family’s loss of your guidance, assistance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
A Dennis Hernandez Ocala motorcycle accident lawyer will assess the numerous ways your accident injury has affected your life and fight for your right to receive the highest amount of compensation that Florida law provides.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in the Ocala Area?
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that almost 95% of motorcycle crashes are caused by human error. The majority of the time, when a crash involves a car and a motorcycle, it’s the car driver who is at fault, not the motorcycle rider.
Some of the common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- A car driver failing to see the motorcycle, especially when the car is turning left or changing lanes
- Failure to see and respond to dangerous road conditions, such as obstacles, uneven pavement, or wet surfaces
- Impairment by drugs or alcohol
- Being distracted by cell phones or conversations with passengers
- Car drivers opening doors of parked cars without checking for oncoming traffic
If negligence on the other driver’s part caused the accident, Florida law gives you the right to bring a claim against them for damages. If you were partially at fault for the accident, you still have the right to seek compensation from the other driver because Florida uses a system of comparative fault to determine damages.
An experienced Ocala motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and advise you on the steps necessary to obtain the financial compensation to which you are entitled. Call the Dennis Hernandez lawyers in Ocala at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to talk with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer about your case.
Common Injuries from Ocala Motorcycle Accidents
Many motorcycle accidents cause serious injuries that require expensive treatment. According to statistics from the Florida Department of Transportation, motorcyclists who are treated and released from emergency rooms for traffic crash injuries are charged an average of more than $8,500. For those who are admitted to the hospital, the charges soared to an average of more than $117,000.
These may be just the initial costs. Many severe injuries require long-term, ongoing medical and rehabilitative treatment and care. A Dennis Hernandez Ocala motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for your right to receive compensation for the accident-related treatment you’ve received so far as well as all the treatment and care you are expected to need in the future.
Some of the most common injuries from motorcycle crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to legs, feet, arms, and hands
- Broken bones
- Internal organ injuries
All of these may be severe, life-threatening and, sadly, sometimes fatal.
Get the Legal Help You Need in Ocala After a Motorcycle Crash
If you were severely injured in a motorcycle crash in Florida, contact the Dennis Hernandez Ocala lawyers as soon as possible to get expert advice on pursuing a claim against the other driver. We are committed to pursuing justice and helping injured accident victims get the financial compensation they deserve.
As your attorneys, we will support you every step of the way through the legal process. We will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and collect the evidence necessary to demonstrate fault in a timely manner
- Build a strong case showing the full extent of your need for compensation for past, present, and future medical expenses, lost income, emotional distress, and all other expenses and losses that may be compensated for under Florida law
- Negotiate aggressively with the other driver’s insurance company
- Refuse to settle for anything less than you deserve
- Be prepared to take your case to court if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve
- Keep you well informed about the developments in your case and answer any questions you may have
- Stand by you every step of the way and never back down
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your motorcycle accident case.