Northdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents often cause serious or fatal injuries. The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that motorcyclists are 27 times more likely to die in an accident than drivers and passengers in enclosed vehicles.
Unfortunately, Florida is a leading state for motorcycle accidents. In Northdale and surrounding Hillsborough County alone, there are more than 580 motorcycle crashes every year. In 88% of those crashes, people get injured, and nearly 40 people are killed.
If you suffered serious injuries in a recent Florida motorcycle accident, you are probably facing many difficult problems. You may need ongoing medical treatment for your injuries. You may not be able to work and have, therefore, lost part or all of your income. You may be having trouble paying your bills, and you may suffering from physical pain and mental anguish while your family suffers right along with you.
If you live in the Northdale, Florida area and were recently seriously injured in a motorcycle accident anywhere in the state, the Dennis Hernandez Northdale motorcycle accident lawyers want to help you. We have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims and their families get the substantial compensation they need and welcome the opportunity to help you.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to talk with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer and get free, expert legal advice on your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents That Injure Northdale, Florida, Residents?
Most of the time, crashes involving a motorcycle and another vehicle happen because someone was negligent. In fact, a study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that human error was the primary cause of 94% of these accidents.
Every driver on the road has a duty to use reasonable care to drive safely. Drivers who fail to do so are considered negligent. If your motorcycle accident was caused by the other driver’s negligence, Florida law gives you the right to seek justice by filing a claim or a lawsuit against the driver for financial compensation for your injuries. Even if you were partially responsible for the accident, you still have the right to pursue financial compensation, since Florida uses a system of comparative fault to apportion damages in negligence cases.
There are many ways that drivers who get into accidents with motorcycles can be negligent. These include:
- Failing to see the motorcycle. A common cause of accidents between motorcycles and other vehicles is the vehicle drivers’ failure to look carefully in all directions when changing lanes or making left turns.
- Not paying attention to the road. Driver inattention can be caused by alcohol or drug intoxication, fatigue, or distraction. A common cause of distraction is cell phone use, but drivers can also be distracted by conversations with passengers, reaching for something in the back seat, or anything else that takes the drivers’ attention off of the road.
- Failing to adjust for road and weather conditions. As part of their duty to use reasonable care, drivers must take into account changing conditions of the weather and road. For example, drivers need to slow down when fog or rain reduces visibility, and they need to be alert for obstacles in the road.
- Opening doors without checking for oncoming traffic. Occupants of a vehicle can cause a motorcycle accident if they don’t look behind them when getting out of the vehicle.
- Speeding and other reckless driving behaviors. When drivers are speeding, recklessly changing lanes, driving to close to other vehicles and engaging in other types of reckless driving, they can cause accidents.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Northdale motorcycle accident lawyer has the experience and resources to investigate your accident and determine who was negligent and, therefore, at fault for the accident.
Long-Lasting Effects of Injuries from Northdale Motorcycle Accidents
Serious injuries from motorcycle accidents include broken bones, injured limbs, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Unfortunately, these injuries rarely just go away on their own. They often involve ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation and may require long hospital stays and at-home care.
Besides necessitating medical treatment and care, the effects of these injuries can drastically change the lives of injured people in many other ways. These include:
- Having to cut back on working hours, take a lower-paying job not work at all, resulting in reduced income for the family.
- Depression, anxiety and other emotional and mental difficulties resulting from stress and unwanted changes.
- Diminished capacity to engage in everyday activities.
- Their family’s loss of may their companionship, guidance and assistance.
- Experiencing chronic pain and suffering, long-term or permanent disabilities, scarring, and/or disfigurement.
An experienced and compassionate Northdale motorcycle accident lawyer knows what you are going through. At Dennis Hernandez, our goal is to help you get full compensation for all the immediate and long-term problems that your injury has caused.
Recovering Damages with Northdale Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims
With help from our motorcycle accident lawyers, you can bring a claim against the negligent driver for the damages you have suffered. These damages may be both economic and non-economic, including your:
- Mental distress, anxiety and depression
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and support
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, out-patient procedures, office visits, medication, assistive devices and rehabilitative care
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Our experienced attorneys understand the many ways a serious motorcycle accident injury can impact your life and will gather all the evidence necessary to make a strong case for the substantial compensation you deserve.
Experienced Legal Help Is Available for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Northdale, Florida
Our experienced, knowledgeable Northdale motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for your right to recover full and fair compensation for all the damages you have suffered because of your motorcycle accident injuries. We will be by your side throughout the entire legal process. We will investigate your accident thoroughly and prepare a compelling case showing your full need for compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional damages. We will keep you informed of progress on your case and respond to all of your questions and concerns promptly.
Unlike many other Florida law firms, we will never settle for less than you deserve and will be well prepared to fight for a fair award at trial, if necessary. We are committed to achieving justice for you and will not back down or leave money on the table.
Give us a call at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our legal services and advice are free until we win your case.