North Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, many motorcyclists get seriously hurt in accidents in the North Fort Myers area and throughout Florida. In Lee County alone, there are more than 350 motorcycle crashes each year, according to data published by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. More than 310 people are injured each year in these crashes and more than 20 are killed.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a recent Florida motorcycle accident, the Dennis Hernandez North Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyers can help. If the other driver’s negligence caused or contributed to the accident, we can help you hold that driver legally responsible for your injuries and seek substantial financial compensation for your expenses and losses.
It is important that you consult with an experienced North Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to find out if you can pursue a claim against the other driver and protect your legal rights. Please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION to discuss your accident and get free expert legal advice on your best course of action.
Compensation You Could Receive in North Fort Myers for your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When you are seriously injured, every part of your life changes. You may be spending a lot of time and money getting medical treatments. You may be losing income if you are no longer able to work or can’t work as much as you used to. Like many accident victims, you may be feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed. Your family may be suffering too, if you cannot give them the companionship and support that you provided before you got hurt.
If your injuries were the fault, or partially the fault, of someone else’s negligence, you deserve monetary compensation for your injuries. If you file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your current and future injury-related:
- Medical bills, including doctor visits, diagnostic tests, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, assistive devices, at-home care, and rehabilitation services
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement, loss of abilities
- Diminished quality of life
- Trauma and emotional distress
- Your family’s loss of your guidance, companionship and assistance
We would be honored to discuss your case with you and assess all of the damages for which you may be entitled to collect compensation. We are committed to obtaining justice and pursuing the full, fair compensation our clients need and deserve for the damages they have suffered.
Common North Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are four times more likely to cause injuries than are accidents that involve only cars, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Many of these injuries are fatal or serious enough to require hospital treatment.
A study from the Florida Department of Transportation found that for serious, but non-fatal, motorcycle accident injuries, 60.5% of the accident victims who went to the hospital had broken bones, and 27.5% had internal injuries. The most common part of the body that was injured was the torso, followed by the lower extremities, the brain (traumatic brain injury), the spinal column, the upper extremities, and around the head, face, and neck.
These serious injuries often require long-term care and cause changes in the lives of accident victims and their families that can last for years or for a lifetime. A Dennis Hernandez North Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer can help you obtain the substantial compensation you need to cover your present and future injury-related care and losses.
What Causes North Fort Myers Motorcycle Accidents?
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) analyzed the causes of motorcycle accidents and found that 94% of the time, human error caused or contributed to the crashes. When the crashes involved a motorcycle and another vehicle, the crash happened because of the other driver’s error or failure, not the motorcyclist’s, 64% of the time.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in North Fort Myers and throughout the country include:
- The other driver not seeing the motorcycle. Often, this is because the other driver failed to check their blind spots before changing lanes or making a left turn
- Either the other driver or the motorcycle rider failing to notice, ignoring, or failing to properly react to dangerous weather or road conditions
- Motorcycle rider inexperience
- Impairment by alcohol or drugs
- Opening the doors in parked vehicles without checking for oncoming traffic
An experienced Dennis Hernandez North Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer would be glad to analyze your accident and determine who was at fault. Even if you and the other driver were both at fault, you may still have a good case for pursuing compensation – so don’t make any decisions until you consult a lawyer.
Help Is Available for North Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Victims
The experienced North Fort Myers Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident legal team is committed to helping injured accident victims get the compensation they need and deserve. We put our experience, skill and resources to work for you
- Gathering evidence of the other driver’s fault
- Building a strong case showing the other driver was negligent and demonstrating your full need for compensation for your present and future expenses and losses
- Negotiating aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and never settling for a penny less than you deserve
- Being ready and eager to go to court if that’s what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve
- Fighting for justice and never backing down!
We will respond promptly to all of your questions about your case and keep you abreast of all progress.
Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case. Your consultations with us and our legal services are free until we win your case.