North Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in North Fort Myers or anywhere in Florida, you are not alone. Unfortunately, as the population of North Fort Myers has grown, so too has the number of cars on the road and the number of car crashes. Data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shows there were 11,643 accidents on the roads of Lee County in 2010. More than 7,000 people were injured and 109 were killed in those accidents.
Being in a car accident can cause devastating changes in your life. Injuries from car accidents are often serious, frequently requiring expensive medical care for months or years, sometimes for a lifetime. Accident injuries are usually physically painful and can cause emotional distress, as you have to adjust to new and unexpected limitations in your abilities. If your injuries prevent you from working as much as you used to or from working at all, then you will have additional financial stress on top of your other difficulties.
You don’t have to face all these problems on your own. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has decades of experience helping car accident victims throughout Florida get the fair compensation they deserve for their injuries. We can put our experience to work, relieving some of your stress so you can focus your energies on getting better.
How Much Compensation Can You Get with a Fort Myers, Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
When you are injured in a car accident, your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance policy will pay up to $10,000 for your injuries. If your injuries are serious, this amount is not sufficient, nor does it take your pain and suffering into account.
Fortunately, the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law does give you the right to file a lawsuit if you were seriously injured in an accident where the other driver was negligent. If you sue an at-fault driver, you can seek compensation far beyond the $10,000 that you might receive from you PIP insurance.
When you file a car accident lawsuit in Florida, you can seek compensation for:
- Expenses for medical and related expenses. You may be compensated for many types of professional services, including doctor visits, surgeries and other in-patient and out-patient hospital treatments, medication, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and psychological care. You can also seek compensation for assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, and for transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Lost income, if your injury prevents you from working your usual schedule, and diminished earning capacity, if your injury affects your ability to earn as much as you did prior to the accident.
- Non-economic damages. These are losses that you suffer that don’t have a specific price tag, but that still have a huge effect on your life. Examples include pain and suffering, disfigurement, your children’s loss of guidance, and your spouse’s loss of companionship. The amount of compensation you may receive for non-economic damages usually depends on how severely you were hurt. The more serious the injury, the higher the compensation for non-economic damages.
Compensation includes both:
- The expenses and losses you have already incurred since the accident (for example, the doctor bills you have already received), and
- Your expenses and losses projected into the future (for example, an estimate of how much income you will lose from now until you reach retirement age, based on any diminished earning capacity you are expected to have in the future).
As you can see, compensation for damages can be substantial and can be much higher than you could get if you didn’t sue the at-fault driver. That is why it is very important to talk to an experienced Florida car accident attorney to find out if you are eligible to file a lawsuit and how much compensation you may be able to obtain.
How a North Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Many people who are injured in Florida car accidents don’t know if they are eligible to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for the damages they have suffered. An Dennis Hernandez expert car crash attorney can advise you on what your best options are.
If you file a claim against an at-fault driver, and you don’t have a lawyer representing you, the insurance company will try to get you to accept an unfairly low offer. Having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side gives you the power to get a fair and full settlement.
We Can Help with Your Florida Car Accident Claim in North Fort Myers
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney welcomes the chance to help you get all the compensation that Florida law allows. We provide a free consultation, where we will analyze your accident and injuries and let you know if you should pursue a claim against the at-fault driver. If you sue the other driver, we will gather evidence to build a strong case showing:
- The other driver was negligent and should be held responsible.
- The full extent of your injuries and current and expected future necessary health care expenses.
- Your lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages that should be compensated.
We never back down and settle for less than you deserve. We leverage our trial and litigation experience to get you a fair and substantial outcome.
Call us in North Fort Myers, Florida, at 239.202.0000, or fill out the form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION and to get started on your case.