New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers
New Port Richey is known for its history and natural beauty. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the friendly small-town atmosphere and scenery. Population growth in New Port Richey and Pasco County has, however, brought more traffic to New Port Richey area roads. Unfortunately, with increased traffic, there are more car accidents and more injuries.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that there were 7,212 car crashes in Pasco County in just the first 11 months of 2021. A very high percentage of the people in those car crashes were hurt: 6,706 people were injured, and 86 were killed. This is an increase over 2020, when 6,363 people were injured in crashes.
Not only are you likely to be hurt if you are in a car crash, but the injuries are often very serious and can change your life in an instant. If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you may be dealing with pain, doctors’ appointments and medical procedures, loss of income, mounting bills, adjustments to new limitations and the stress that comes with trying to cope with all of these new problems at once.
The Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorneys want you to know you don’t have to deal with these problems by yourself. Our New Port Richey car accident lawyers have extensive experience helping accident victims throughout Florida and want to put that experience to work for you. Our goal is to see that justice is served by helping injured people get all the financial compensation that Florida law provides.
Filing a Lawsuit Against a Negligent Driver in New Port Richey
If you were injured in a car accident and you have grounds for a lawsuit against an at-fault driver, you may be eligible for significantly more compensation than you could get from your no-fault insurance policy. If you were seriously injured, you may be able to file a car accident claim against the at-fault driver.
Often, people in Florida mistakenly believe they cannot sue for damages because they do not understand how the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law really works. In reality, in Florida, you have the right to sue the other driver if you were seriously injured in the accident and if the other driver was negligent.
Common types of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving: Using a phone, reaching for something, being distracted by a conversation with passengers, or doing anything else that causes the driver to stop giving their full attention to the road.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving while fatigued: Falling asleep or being too tired to concentrate on driving and able to react appropriately.
- Driving unsafely: Speeding, breaking other traffic laws or not adjusting driving for road and weather conditions.
Our New Port Richey car accident lawyers will thoroughly investigate your accident, determine if the other driver was negligent and pursue a negligence claim for compensation on your behalf.
Why Get Help From New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers?
The experienced Dennis Hernandez New Port Richey car accident lawyers would be glad to evaluate your case for free and let you know if you have grounds for a lawsuit against the negligent driver. By pursuing a lawsuit against the negligent driver, you may be eligible for a lot more in compensation that if you rely only on payment from your Florida Personal injury Protection (PIP) insurance.
According to Florida Statutes Section 627.736, your PIP no-fault insurance will pay for only a part of your medical expenses and lost income. Even worse, the most you can receive is a maximum of $10,000. If you are seriously injured, $10,000 will not begin to cover your lifetime expenses and loss of income. Moreover, it will not compensate you for “non-economic damages,” such as pain, suffering, mental anguish and impairment.
A lawsuit, on the other hand, will enable you to seek compensation that will match your actual needs. Our New Port Richey car accident lawyers will put their litigation experience, skill, knowledge and resources to work fighting for your right to receive the substantial compensation you need and deserve, potentially including:
- Existing and future medical expenses related to your accident injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Your family’s loss of your support, guidance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
What to Do If a Loved One Was Killed in a New Port Richey Car Accident
Florida Statutes Section 768.21 gives you the right to sue for wrongful death if you lost a loved one from car accident injuries in New Port Richey or anywhere in Florida. A wrongful death lawsuit lets you seek compensation for your pain and suffering because of the loss of your loved one, as well as compensation for the loss of your loved one’s companionship, help, and support, and for medical and funeral expenses.
Help With Your Car Accident Claim in New Port Richey, Florida
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney can help you seek full compensation for your injuries and losses. Our New Port Richey car accident lawyers will:
- Investigate the accident and gather proof of who was at fault.
- Consult experts to determine the full extent of your need for medical care, both now and in the future.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for the substantial compensation you need and deserve.
- Guide you through the process every step of the way.
- Prepare for trial, in case that is needed to get you a fair result.
- Never back down in our mission to get you the best results possible!
Call us today in New Port Richey at 813.250.0000, or fill out the contact form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. There is no fee for our legal services until you win the settlemtn or award you deserve.