Holiday Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Every year in Florida, approximately 8,600 motorcycles accidents occur, injuring approximately 7,400 people and killing almost 600. In Pasco County alone, nearly 20 people are killed and more than 215 injured in more than 240 motorcycle crashes each year, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s Crash Dashboard.
If you are one of the unfortunate motorcyclists who has been seriously injured in a recent accident in the Holiday area or anywhere else in Florida, a Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer can help you obtain all the financial compensation you are entitled to under Florida law.
Financial compensation for your medical expenses, pain, suffering and other losses won’t make your pain go away, but it can relieve the stress of having to deal with mounting medical bills while you are unable to earn your former income. It can also help you and your family get through this difficult time and plan for the future together.
The Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers have a lot of experience helping accident injury victims throughout Florida. We have learned from our clients how challenging it is to live with serious injuries and are adept at fighting for our clients’ rights to obtain compensation, not only for their medical bills and lost income, but also for their pain, trauma, depression, anxiety, loss of ability to engage in their favorite activities, need for assistive devices and at-home care and the impact their injuries have on their families.
To make sure that you do not ose your right to seek substantial financial compensation for your injuries, we suggest you talk to an experienced Holiday motorcycle accident lawyer right away. We would be honored to discuss your situation and provide a free case evaluation.
Please call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in the Holiday, Florida, Area
A motorcycle accident is almost always somebody’s fault. According to a report from the National Transportation Safety Board, most of the time, when there is a collision between a motorcycle and another vehicle, the fault lies with the driver of the other vehicle,
When drivers do not use reasonable care to avoid causing an accident and violate traffic safety laws, they are considered negligent. Negligence on the road can take many forms, but the major causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers failing to notice that a motorcycle is in their path. This often happens when drivers don’t check their blind spots when they change lanes or make turns. Sometimes, drivers do not collide directly with a motorcycle, but still cause an accident because the motorcyclist falls while trying to avoid a collision.
- Drivers not paying attention to what is happening around them because they are distracted, fatigued, or impaired by drugs or alcohol. They may not brake in time to avoid a collision with a motorcycle; they might not look carefully before turning at intersections and collide with an oncoming motorcycle; or they might misjudge a motorcycle’s speed while changing lanes or entering a highway and cause a collision.
- Driving over the speed limit or not slowing down for dangerous road or weather conditions. This can apply to both motor vehicle operators and motorcyclists and be dangerous for both.
A Dennis Hernandez Holiday motorcycle accident lawyer has experience and skill in analyzing accident scenes and gathering evidence to show who was at fault. We use that evidence to build a strong case demonstrating that the other driver should be held financially responsible for causing your injuries. Even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you still may be able to obtain financial compensation, since Florida uses a system of comparative fault to apportion damages.
Common Injuries Experienced by Florida Motorcycle Accident Victims
Unfortunately, motorcyclists who are involved in accidents usually get hurt, and often are very seriously injured. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that injuries result from more than four out of five motorcycle accidents. Sometimes those injuries are mild. Often, though, they are severe or fatal.
Data from the Florida Department of Transportation shows that more than 27% of the people who are hospitalized for non-fatal motorcycle accident injuries have injuries in the torso. More than 20% are injured in their lower extremities; more than 19% have traumatic brain injuries (TBIs); more than 13% have injuries to their backbones; and more than 10% to their upper extremities.
These serious injuries do not go away by themselves. They require ongoing medical treatment and/or rehabilitation and may cause chronic pain, impairment, or disfigurement.
Coping with these physical problems can be very difficult. When coupled with mounting medical expenses, decreased income, the inability to do things you used to enjoy and the accompanying mental anguish, the problems caused by a motorcycle accident injury can be devastating.
Let the Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers help you. We understand the numerous challenges you are facing and can ease your burden by protecting your legal rights and helping you obtain the substantial compensation you deserve.
Financial Compensation for Damages from Holiday Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you bring a claim against the negligent driver to pursue substantial compensation for the damages you have suffered. These damages may be both economic and non-economic, including your:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental distress, anxiety and depression
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and support
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, out-patient procedures, office visits, medication, assistive devices and rehabilitative care
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers will note the numerous ways the accident injury has affected your life and collect all the evidence needed to make a compelling case for the substantial compensation you deserve.
We Provide Expert Legal Help for Your Serious Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Holiday, Florida
An experienced, skillful, and compassionate Dennis Hernandez Holiday motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for your right to get financial compensation for all your current and future injury-related medical bills, lost or lower income, and short- or long-term pain, emotional suffering, impairments, loss of quality of life, and your family’s loss of the level of companionship and support you were able to provide before the accident.
As your motorcycle accident lawyers, we will
- Investigate your accident thoroughly
- Gather evidence proving negligence
- Build a compelling case showing the full extent of your present and future need for financial compensation
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, so that you don’t have to
- Fight for your right to obtain all the compensation that Florida law provides
- Never back down, and never accept a settlement that does not provide everything that you need and deserve.
- Support you through every step of the legal process, keeping you informed about your case and always responding promptly to your questions and concerns.
Unlike many other Florida personal injury lawyers, we are always ready and willing to go to trial, if that’s what it takes to protect your legal rights.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.