Holiday Car Accident Lawyers
The traffic on the roads in the Holiday, Florida, area continues to increase as the population of Pasco County grows. Unfortunately, that means that Holiday, Florida, residents have a higher chance of being involved in car accidents and getting injured.
In 2021, there were 6,889 vehicle crashes in Pasco County, with almost as many injuries as there were crashes. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that there were 6,415 injury crashes and 84 fatal injuries in those vehicle crashes.
In addition to fatal injuries, many other car crash injuries can be life-altering. The sudden impact, the weight of the vehicles, and the speed of the vehicles involved in an accident may cause serious injuries that can change an accident victim’s whole life in a moment.
People injured in car accidents face numerous challenges. Physical pain and suffering can be compounded by stress and mental anguish. Mounting medical bills and lost income can create stressful financial pressures, while you family’s unmet needs can be crushing.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in an accident in the Holiday area, the Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorneys want you to know that you don’t have to deal with these problems alone. We would be glad to talk with you about your accident, review your case and advise on your legal options for free. You may discover that you are entitled to substantial compensation, which can relieve the money worries and give you the time and energy to focus on healing from your injuries.
What Is Considered a Serious Injury in a Holiday, Florida, Car Crash?
Many people in Florida do not realize that the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law allows those who are seriously injured in car accidents to file lawsuits against at-fault drivers. Many people also make the mistake of wrongly assuming their injuries are not serious enough for them to be able to sue.
Under Florida law, injuries that have permanent consequences may be considered serious. For example, these and other injuries may be considered serious under Florida law:
- Broken bones may cause long-term medical problems, including infection, chronic pain, and loss of function.
- Traumatic brain injuries may cause permanent impairment.
- Spinal cord injuries may cause permanent loss of sensation or function in the limbs.
- Burns may cause permanent scars.
- Injuries to discs in the neck or back may cause permanent nerve damage and other medical problems.
- Crushed limbs may need to be amputated.
You should consult an experienced car crash attorney to find out if you are able to file a lawsuit. The Holiday car accident lawyers at Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney would be glad to provide a free case analysis that will let you know if you should pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver seeking compensation for your serious injuries.
Why Should You File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Holiday, Florida?
If you file a car crash injury lawsuit against an at-fault driver in Holiday and throughout Florida, you may receive substantially more money than you would receive from your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) no-fault insurance plan.
According to Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes, you can only receive a maximum of $10,000 from your PIP insurance plan for your medical expenses and lost income. If you were seriously injured, this amount will fall far short of the money you need to pay your medical bills and make up for the money lost if you are unable to work.
In contrast, if you pursue a lawsuit against an at-fault driver, you can seek compensation for:
- The full amount of your medical expenses, including expenses you may incur in the future for treatment related to your injury.
- The full amount of your lost income and loss of earning power, for as long as you are expected to be unable to work or unable to make as much money as you could before you were injured.
- Compensation for “non-economic damages,” which include pain and suffering, emotional and psychological distress, your family’s loss of your emotional and financial support, companionship and affection, and your loss of the ability to do your usual activities. Non-economic damages such as these are only available if you file a lawsuit; they are not available from your PIP no-fault insurance plan.
Help Is Available in Holiday for Your Florida Car Accident Claim
The Holiday car accident lawyers at Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney are dedicated to helping people injured in car accidents get justice from at-fault drivers. As your car accident attorneys, we will:
- Fight to get you the substantial compensation you deserve.
- Use our resources to investigate and gather evidence to prove the other driver was at fault for the accident.
- Gather evidence and consult experts to demonstrate the full extent of your injuries and your full need for medical treatment.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Never accept a settlement that is less than you deserve.
- Use our trial experience to get ready to present a strong case in court if that is necessary to achieve justice.
- Never give up until you get everything you are entitled to receive!
Call us today in Holiday at 813.250.0000, or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.