Gulfport Car Accident Lawyer
Gulfport, Florida, is a wonderful place to visit or to live. Residents and visitors love the friendly atmosphere, charming stores, unique festivals and the beautiful bay. As the population of Pinellas County has grown, however, traffic in the areas surrounding Gulfport has become more of a problem.
More traffic means more car accidents and more injuries. In January through November of 2021, there were 14,600 vehicle crashes in Pinellas County, according to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. More than 8,370 people were injured in those crashes, and 133 were killed.
If you or a loved one have been seriously hurt in a car accident in the Gulfport area, you are probably dealing with many problems all at the same time. You have to find good medical care for your injuries, go through time-consuming and sometimes painful treatments, deal with the problems caused by having less income coming in and adjust to changes in your ability to do the things you used to do.
The Dennis Hernandez car accident attorneys want you to know that you don’t have to deal with all of these problems on your own. We have helped hundreds of car accident victims throughout Florida get the compensation they need to help with their recovery, and we welcome the chance to help you obtain the full financial compensation for your injuries that you need and deserve.
Can You Pursue a Car Accident Lawsuit in Gulfport, Florida?
Although Florida is a no-fault state, Section 627.737 of the Florida Statutes gives you the right to pursue a lawsuit against an at-fault driver if you were seriously injured in a crash in Gulfport or anywhere in Florida. In addition, Section 768.21 gives you the right to sue a negligent driver for wrongful death if a loved one passed away from his or her accident injuries.
Florida accident victims often wonder if their injuries are serious enough to enable them to sue the at-fault driver. The law allows you to sue an at-fault driver for damages if your injury is permanent, has caused permanent and significant disfigurement or scarring, caused permanent and significant loss of an important function of the body or caused death. Examples of types of serious injuries that may allow you to sue an at-fault, negligent driver for compensation for damages include:
- Broken bones: Serious broken bone injuries may cause chronic pain, impair functioning, or become infected, and they may require surgery.
- Burns: Serious burn injuries may cause extreme pain and cause permanent scars or disfigurement.
- Back and neck injuries: Injuries to the discs in the back or neck may cause permanent problems that get worse over time, eventually requiring surgery.
- Crushed Limbs: Severely crushed or torn limbs may be so damaged that they have to be amputated.
- Brain Injuries: Severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) may cause permanent problems with thinking, learning, motor skills, sight, vision, emotions, or behavior.
- Spinal cord injuries: Serious injuries to the spinal cord can cause loss of function or sensation in the arms and legs and may cause paralysis.
- Other serious injuries: Other injuries that meet the legal definition may enable you to sue the at-fault driver. Our experienced Palmetto car accident lawyers would be glad to evaluate your case.
Sometimes people make the mistake of assuming that they can’t sue, and they lose out on getting the full compensation they need. Please do not make any decision until you talk with an experienced Gulfport car accident lawyer who can help you understand if your injuries would be considered serious according to the law.
You should not make any decisions until you talk to an experienced Gulfport car accident lawyer. A Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney would be glad to discuss your case with you and advise you on your best course of action free of charge. Find out if you can sue the at-fault driver for substantial compensation and let us get started working to get you what you need and deserve.
Why Sue an At-Fault Driver in Gulfport?
Your no-fault Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance plan will only pay a maximum of $10,000 for your medical expenses and lost income, according to Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes. If you are seriously injured, this will not be enough to cover your medical expenses, lost income and other losses.
However, you have the right, under the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, to seek compensation over $10,000 from the at-fault driver’s insurance company if you were seriously injured. The settlement or award you can seek can be substantial, including compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including current and future doctor visits, hospital stays, medical tests, surgeries, other treatments, medications, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Lost income, including current and future income losses due to injury-related inability to work your full hours or to work at all, and the loss of your earning capacity.
- “Non-economic damages,” including current and future pain, emotional suffering, loss of the ability to do what you were able to do before the accident, disfigurement, and your family’s loss of your affection, companionship, support, and help.
The amount of compensation you may receive for your injuries by filing a lawsuit depends on the extent of your injuries and your need for treatment. A Dennis Hernandez Gulfport car accident lawyer will stand up for you, protect your legal rights, and ensure that you get all of the compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company that Florida law provides.
How an Experienced and Aggressive Gulfport Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Full Compensation
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has years of experience helping people injured in car accidents throughout Florida. We will put our experience and skill to work fighting for your rights by:
- Investigating the accident, identifying who was at fault, and gathering the evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence.
- Consulting with experts and gathering medical records to show the full extent of your current and future need for medical treatment.
- Building a strong case demonstrating your need for compensation for your “non-economic damages,” including your pain and suffering and your family’s losses.
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company and rejecting any settlement offers that don’t provide you with full and fair compensation for all your expenses and losses.
- Using our litigation experience and skill to prepare for trial in case the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement.
- Guiding you through the legal process every step of the way and keeping you informed of all the important developments in your case.
- Never backing down until justice is achieved!
Call us in Gulfport at 855.529.3366, or fill out the form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION!