Fruitville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida is home to more motorcyclists than any other state except California and also attracts thousands of bikers from out-of-state throughout the year. Sadly, Florida also ranks high in motorcycle accident injuries and fatalities. Each year, there are more than 8,500 motorcycle crashes, and in Fruitville and surrounding Sarasota County alone, more than 140 people are injured and more than a dozen are killed in motorcycle crashes each year.
Many non-fatal motorcycle accident injuries are still very serious. Accident victims may need long-term medical treatment and rehabilitation. They might experience chronic pain, depression and anxiety, and they might not be able to work or work at the same job they used to. In addition, medical expenses can cause overwhelming financial hardship.
If you have been seriously injured in a recent motorcycle crash in the Fruitville area or anywhere in Florida, an experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer can help you handle some of these difficulties. A Fruitville motorcycle accident lawyer will discuss your accident and injury with you, investigate both your accident and your injury and let you know if it’s in your best interest to file a claim for damages against the other driver.
You could be entitled to substantial financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, mental anguish, and other damages resulting from your motorcycle accident injury.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to talk with an experienced Fruitville motorcycle accident attorney and find out about your right to pursue a claim for compensation.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents That Injure Fruitville Area Residents?
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by human error or failure to use reasonable care on the road. According to a report from the National Transportation Safety Board, nearly two-thirds of the time, the mistake is made by the driver of the other vehicle, not the motorcycle rider.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Fruitville and throughout the country include:
- Drivers failing to see motorcycles. This is the most common error that drivers make that causes motorcycle accidents. Drivers may not realize that a motorcycle is nearby because they don’t check their blind spots when turning or changing lanes, aren’t paying attention because they are distracted by their phones, are overly tired, or are impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Motorcycle riders lose control of their bikes. Riders may not have enough time to avoid a collision or react to a dangerous condition. That’s not always the fault of the rider, but it can be if they lose control of their bikes because they are inexperienced or impaired.
- Road conditions. Obstacles in the road, wet roads, and dangerous weather conditions can all cause or contribute to motorcycle accidents. Drivers or riders may be at fault if they don’t adjust their driving to take bad conditions into account.
Dennis Hernandez Fruitville motorcycle accident lawyers put their knowledge, skill and the law firm’s resources to work to protect our clients’ rights. We will thoroughly investigate your accident, find out the cause and gather evidence to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Crashes in Florida
Injuries from a motorcycle crash are often severe, and medical treatment can be very expensive. The Florida Department of Transportation reports that the average cost of an emergency room visit following a motorcycle accident is more than $8,500. If the injured motorcyclist is admitted to the hospital, the average cost rises to more than $117,700.
Common serious injuries from motorcycle crashes include:
- Broken or crushed bones. Multiple fractures are common, including multiple broken ribs.
- Spinal cord injuries. Serious spinal cord injuries can cause varying degrees of loss of feeling and movement, including permanent total paralysis of the arms and/or legs.
- Injuries to the limbs. Limbs can be severely injured in a motorcycle crash and, in some cases, may even require amputation.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Severe TBIs may cause permanent physical and behavioral changes, and they can be fatal.
Serious motorcycle accident injuries require serious, often long-term treatment. A Dennis Hernandez Fruitville motorcycle accident lawyer has the experience and knowledge needed to gather evidence showing the full extent of your need for compensation for medical expenses, as well as for pain, suffering, lost income, mental anguish and other accident-related damages.
Compensation Available in Fruitville for Motorcycle Crash Injuries
If the other driver was partially or completely at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for all accident-related damages. This compensation can be for both economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses, including doctors, hospitals, surgery, other procedures, medications, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive devices and transportation to medical appointments
- Lost income because of reduced hours, having to take a lower-paying job, or not being able to work at all
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, including anxiety, depression, PTSD and other types of mental suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Lasting physical harm such as disabilities, scarring and disfigurement
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
An experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer will assess all of the accident-related damages you have suffered and may experience in the future, amass the evidence needed to support a claim for all of the damages and work tirelessly to get you the substantial compensation you deserve.
Legal Help Is Available in Fruitville for Motorcycle Accident Victims
The Dennis Hernandez Fruitville legal team has extensive experience helping injured people get the compensation they deserve. We have achieved multi-million dollar awards for our clients and will put our experience and legal expertise to work fighting for the substantial compensation you deserve.
As your motorcycle accident injury lawyers, we will:
- Be by your side helping with every step of the legal process.
- Keep you updated on progress on your case and respond promptly to your questions and concerns.
- Gather all the evidence needed to show the other driver should be held accountable for your injuries.
- Demonstrate the full extent of your need for substantial compensation for your present and future injury-related losses and expenses.
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf with the other driver’s insurance company.
- Refuse to accept any settlement offer that is less than you deserve.
- Always be ready to go to trial and fight to win the award you deserve.
- Never back down!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to discuss your case with an experienced Fruitville motorcycle accident lawyer. All consultations, expert legal advice and services are FREE until we win the settlement or award you deserve.