Brooksville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida ranks as a top state for motorcycle ownership and, unfortunately, for motorcycle accidents. In a single year in Florida, there are close to 8,650 motorcycle accidents. In Brooksville and surrounding Hernando County, there are approximately 115 motorcycle crashes every year, with more than 100 injuries.
When a motorcycle accident occurs, it is usually the car driver’s fault. Unfortunately, however, the motorcycle riders are the ones who are most likely to be hurt since they are more exposed to the road and impact of the collision. Their injuries can also be very serious and life-threatening.
If you were recently seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in the Brooksville area or anywhere in Florida, you may be facing many new challenges. The need for ongoing medical treatment, chronic pain, mental anguish, and financial hardship are not uncommon consequences of a serious motorcycle accident injury.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Brooksville motorcycle accident lawyers understand these challenges and want to help. If the other driver was partially or totally at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, and lower quality of life. We have helped many motorcycle accident victims like you get the substantial compensation they deserve and will put our experience and legal expertise to work for you.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Who Gets Injured in Motorcycle Crashes in Brooksville and Other Places in Florida?
Florida attracts many motorcyclists from out of state. They come for the beautiful roads, warm weather, special motorcycle enthusiast events, and the chance to see the state’s tourist attractions. Still, most motorcyclists in the state are Florida residents. Many ride their motorcycles for recreation, and about 23% use their bikes to commute to work, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
Because most motorcycle riders on Florida roads are Florida residents, they are also the most likely to get injured in accidents. FDOT reports that in 89.5% of motorcycle crashes in the state, the motorcycle rider has a Florida driver’s license.
Whether your accident occurred close to home in Brooksville or while you were riding in another part of Florida, a Dennis Hernandez Brooksville motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Common Serious Injuries from Florida Motorcycle Accidents
Some motorcycle riders are lucky and walk away from crashes with little more than a mild case of road rash. Unfortunately, however, the force of the impact of a collision on a rider often causes injuries that are serious enough to be life-changing. These severe injuries include:
- Bone fractures: Multiple bones may be broken in the legs, arms, or elsewhere in the body. Rib fractures are especially serious and life-threatening for older motorcycle riders.
- Internal organ injuries: The heart, lungs, and organs in the abdomen can be severely injured in motorcycle crashes.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Riders who were not wearing a helmet at the time of their accident have a higher risk of TBIs. These can cause permanent and severe brain damage and may be fatal.
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord may cause paralysis.
- Crushed limbs. Limbs crushed by the motorcycle or another vehicle can be so severely damaged that they have to be amputated.
If you have suffered from one of these injuries or another type of serious motorcycle accident injury, you will most likely need extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. Financial compensation for the damages you experience because of the accident can help you get through the most difficult times.
The Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers will help you get the full, fair compensation you deserve with a successful claim against the at-fault driver. We have the experience, skill and resource to gather and present evidence establishing fault and demonstrating the full extent of your injury and related damages.
Compensation Available for Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Brooksville, Florida
Florida law allows you to bring a claim against an at-fault driver for both economic and non-economic damages (i.e., all the ways your injuries have changed your life). Your Brooksville motorcycle accident lawyer will present a compelling case showing why you deserve compensation for all damages, including:
- Past, present, and future medical treatment expenses for your accident-related injuries, including but not limited to hospital stays, office visits, diagnostic tests, procedures, medication and assistive devices
- Lost income, if you are unable to work your previous job, not able to work at all, or only able to work reduced hours
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disability, scarring or disfigurement
- Mental anguish, stress, anxiety and depression
- Your family’s loss of your pre-accident help, support, and affection
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Finding Legal Help in Brooksville After a Motorcycle Crash
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Brooksville lawyers can help you get all the compensation you deserve. We will fight to hold the at-fault driver responsible for your injuries and to ensure you get the full, fair compensation the law provides.
As your motorcycle accident lawyers, we will support you through every step of the legal process. We will:
- Gather evidence to show the other driver was negligent and should be held accountable for the accident.
- Use medical records and other evidence to show the full extent of your injuries and your past, present, and future need for treatment.
- Negotiate aggressively with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Never accept an offer that is less than you deserve.
- Keep you informed of all important developments in your case and be available to answer your questions.
Unlike many other Brooksville motorcycle accident lawyers, we are always ready and willing to go to trial if that’s what it takes to get you the full compensation you deserve. We never back down!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your motorcycle accident case.