Bonita Springs Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents in Bonita Springs and Lee County, Florida, are a major cause of accidental injury and death. In 2020 alone, there were 4,630 motor vehicle accidents in Lee County in which people were injured, and 107 lost their lives. Injuries in car crashes, even when not fatal, are often serious, requiring long-term medical treatment and causing upsetting disruptions to the lives of accident victims and their families.
Bills for medical care, car repairs, and other costs relating to the accident can pile up. At the same time, accident victims may be losing income because they are unable to work their regular hours or are unable to work at all. Having all these problems to deal with at once can cause unbearable stress for victims and their families.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in Florida, you don’t have to deal with these problems by yourself. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has been helping Florida accident victims get the financial compensation they need for many years. We would be glad to help you during this difficult time in your life.
Why File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Bonita Springs, Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state. However, many people don’t realize that under the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, you have the right to file a car crash lawsuit against an at-fault driver if you were seriously injured in an accident.
There are several reasons to file a lawsuit:
- Compensation under the no-fault system is limited to $10,000 for medical expenses and lost income. There is no upper limit when you file a lawsuit.
- Within those limits, you can only recover 80% of your medical expenses and 60% of your lost income under the no-fault system (as stated in Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes). When you file a lawsuit, you can recover all of your medical expenses and lost income starting from the time of the accident and including all projected future expenses and losses for as long as they are expected to last.
- You cannot get compensation for your physical or emotional pain or suffering under the no-fault system. You have to file a lawsuit for that.
- If the other driver was at fault, a lawsuit will hold them responsible for their unsafe driving behaviors that caused the accident, such as speeding, driving while under the influence, or driving while distracted.
Can You File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
You can file a lawsuit if your injury was serious, but what exactly does that mean? The question is not as simple as it may seem. The law has certain requirements, such as that the injury causes scarring or disfigurement, or permanently limits a bodily function, or is temporarily fully disabling. It’s hard to know, however, without talking to an experienced car accident lawyer, whether an injury is considered “serious” under the law or not. Don’t assume that it’s not! Always get advice from a lawyer, or you might miss out on the chance to get far more compensation than is available under the no-fault system.
Some examples of injuries that may be considered “serious” under Florida law include:
- Burns: When a crash causes a fire, the resulting burns may cause scarring, disfigurement, pain, and/or loss of bodily functions and may require extensive and long-term medical treatments.
- Neck and back injuries: The impact of a collision can injure the discs in your neck or back. The damage may be apparent immediately or may get worse over time and may require extensive surgeries and other medical treatments.
- Brain injuries: Vehicle collisions are a major cause of traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can cause significant and permanent disabilities.
- Broken bones: Bone fractures may cause pain, impair bodily functions, require surgery or other medical treatment, and/or cause chronic health problems.
- Lost limbs: In catastrophic collisions, arms or legs may be torn away or be so severely injured that they must be amputated.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can be permanently disabling, causing loss of function and/or sensation.
Consult a Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney, who will examine the specific details concerning your injury and accident and give you advice about whether you should file a lawsuit to get compensation from the at-fault driver.
Where to Go for Help with a Bonita Springs Car Accident Claim
When you need legal help with a car accident claim, Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is committed to helping you get fair compensation. We will:
- Gather evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence.
- Prove that you deserve substantial compensation for your physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial damages.
- Negotiate vigorously with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Prepare to fight and win in court in case it’s necessary to obtain fair compensation.
Call us in Bonita Springs at 239.202.0000, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.