Apollo Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Every year in Florida, more than 8,000 people are injured or killed in motorcycle accidents. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in Apollo Beach and surrounding Hillsborough County alone, approximately 515 people are injured and more than 35 killed each year in motorcycle crashes.
If you have been seriously injured in a recent motorcycle crash in the Apollo Beach area or anywhere else in Florida, and if the other driver’s negligence caused or contributed to the crash, you have the right under Florida law to seek financial compensation from the other driver for your losses, pain and suffering.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Apollo Beach motorcycle accident lawyer would be glad to help you understand your legal rights and discuss your specific case with you. We want to find out what happened to you and advise you on whether you are eligible to pursue a claim against the other driver for compensation for your injuries, including medical treatment, lost income, pain, and other losses and expenses related to the accident.
Please call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page to get started on your case.
What Compensation Can I Collect in Apollo Beach, Florida, for My Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you have serious injuries from a Florida motorcycle accident, you may be able to collect monetary compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
This compensation may include:
- Economic damages. “Economic damages” is a term lawyers use that refers to the expenses you have because of your injuries. These are expenses that have a specific dollar amount associated with them. They may include bills for medical treatment, hospital stays, surgeries and other procedures, assistive devices (such as wheelchairs), rehabilitation services, medication, transportation to your medical appointments, and lost income, if your injuries prevent you from earning what you did before the accident.
- Non-economic damages. “Non-economic damages” refers to ways your life has changed because of the accident that have diminished your quality of life but don’t have a specific price tag. These include pain, anxiety, depression, stress, disfigurement, impairment and your family’s loss of the things you can no longer do with and for them.
- Long-term expenses and losses. When you are seriously injured, you may be dealing with expenses and losses related to your injury for a long time. If you work with an experienced Dennis Hernandez Apollo Beach motorcycle accident lawyer, your lawyer will fight for your right to get full, substantial compensation that takes into account your injury-related needs, expenses, and losses both now and in the future.
The amount of compensation you get will depend on the circumstances of your accident, how seriously you were injured, how much treatment you need and how long your injuries are expected to affect your life. A Dennis Hernandez Apollo Beach motorcycle accident lawyer will fight aggressively for you to get the maximum compensation that Florida law provides.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in the Apollo Beach Area?
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents, but the main one, according to the National Transportation Safety Board, is human error. When a crash involves a motorcycle and another vehicle, the fault lies with the other vehicle’s driver, not the motorcycle rider, more than half of the time.
Negligent drivers of enclosed vehicles often fail to see a motorcycle that is near them. This failure can cause the vehicle driver to collide with the motorcycle, often while changing lanes or making turns, especially when the driver fails to check their blind spot.
Sometimes the two vehicles do not directly collide, but the motorcyclist falls and gets injured while trying to avoid a collision.
Either the driver or rider may be at fault if they:
- Don’t make adjustments for weather and road conditions
- Are distracted or fatigued
- Are impaired by alcohol or drugs
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Apollo Beach motorcycle accident lawyer has the knowledge, skills, and resources to investigate and analyze a complex accident scene and gather evidence showing that the other driver is at fault and should be held responsible for your injuries.
What Are Common Injuries in Apollo Beach Area Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle riders and passengers are far more likely to be hurt in crashes than drivers and passengers in cars and trucks. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, only 20% of car crashes cause injury or death, but 80% of motorcycle accidents do.
Common serious motorcycle injuries include:
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Injuries to lower or upper extremities
If you have suffered any serious injury due to a motorcycle accident caused or partially caused by another driver’s negligence, an experienced Dennis Hernandez Apollo Beach motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for your right to get the full compensation you need because of the expenses and losses your injury has caused and will continue to cause in the future.
Help is Available in Apollo Beach to Seek Justice for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
For more than twenty-five years, Dennis Hernandez has been helping people injured in motorcycle accidents throughout Florida get the substantial compensation they need. His expert legal team is committed to achieving justice for clients and providing the personal attention and guidance you want.
As your lawyers, we are committed to:
- Protecting your legal rights.
- Passionately pursuing justice for you and your family.
- Collecting the evidence needed to establish negligence.
- Gathering evidence demonstrating the full extent of your need for compensation for your medical treatments, lost income, and non-economic losses.
- Negotiating aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for the settlement you deserve.
- Preparing a strong case to win in court, if we need to go to trial to achieve the award you deserve.
We will never settle for less than you deserve and are always prepared to take a case to trial if that’s what is needed to get you full, fair compensation. You can be assured that we will never back down.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. All consultations, advice and legal services are free until you get the settlement or award you deserve.