In the greater Tampa area, including all of Hillsborough County, there are more than 18,000 motor vehicle accidents per year, causing more than 12,000 injuries and more than 130 fatalities. It’s not surprising there are so many accidents in the area. Tampa, unfortunately, is the city ranked fourth in the country for having the worst drivers.
Many of the injuries sustained in car crashes are serious. They can require years of medical treatment and often cause long-term changes in the lives of the injured person and their family. If you were recently injured in an auto accident in Tampa or elsewhere in Florida, you may be entitled to file a claim or a lawsuit to seek substantial financial compensation for your injuries.
You may be wondering if you need a lawyer in order to file a claim for damages. First, if your injuries were serious and you think the other driver may have been at least partially at fault for the accident, you should talk to an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer to find out if you are eligible to pursue compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. An experienced Tampa car accident lawyer can also help you understand the legal process involved in filing a claim and help you progress successfully through each step.
What Is Involved in Bringing a Claim Against a Negligent Driver in Tampa, Florida?
There are several steps involved in bringing a claim against a negligent driver in Tampa. These include:
- Investigating the accident.
- Gathering evidence to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
- Using records, other evidence, and expert opinion to show your need for ongoing medical treatments, your income losses, and your pain, suffering, and quality of life losses.
- Calculating what those expenses and losses are expected to be in the future.
- Using the evidence collected to build a strong, convincing case showing your full need for compensation.
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for a fair settlement.
- Completing and submitting paperwork by court deadlines.
- Presenting your case before a jury and fighting aggressively to win the award you deserve if the insurance company will not agree to a fair compensation settlement amount.
Undoubtedly, the process involved in bringing a claim against a negligent driver requires time, effort, experience, resources, legal knowledge, and skill to do all of these things. Luckily, you don’t have to do it on your own!
How a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
Navigating the legal system can be very complicated. For someone who doesn’t do it every day for a living, it can be very time-consuming and overwhelming. A Tampa car accident lawyer who knows the local legal system could be a tremendous help in your pursuit of the compensation you deserve.
Insurance companies try to get away with paying claimants as little as possible. They use delay tactics, request additional documentation, and find reasons for offering claimants significantly less than they deserve. Often, injured claimants and their families become frustrated and impatient and accept a low settlement offer just to be done with whole thing and get some desperately needed funds.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Tamp car accident lawyers will not let this happen to you. They know the tricks insurance companies try to play to avoid paying full and fair compensation and negotiate aggressively to get the settlements their clients deserve. If you work with us, we will negotiate with the insurance company so that you don’t have to. We’ll protect your rights and never settle for a penny less than you deserve.
We’ll guide you through the process every step of the way. We’ll use our resources, skill, and experience to gather the evidence needed to build a compelling case showing the other driver was at fault and should be held responsible and showing the full extent of your present and future need for compensation. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Tampa Car Accident Claim?
The money awarded in a car accident claim can be substantial. It may include compensation for your:
- Present and future medical expenses, including doctor visits, medication, surgery, diagnostic testing, hospital stays, rehab, and assistive devices
- Lost income from your having to work fewer hours, take a lower paying job, or stop working altogether
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental distress
- Disability, scarring and other disfigurement
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Your family’s loss of your guidance, companionship and assistance
How Much Are the Legal Fees for a Car Accident Claim in Tampa?
If you work with a Dennis Hernandez Tampa car accident lawyer, you don’t have to worry about out-of-pocket expenses nor attorney’s fees until we win your case. Attorney’s fees and expenses will be taken from your settlement or jury award. Attorney’s fees are a percentage, set by the Florida Bar, of the compensation you receive.
Contact Us for the Experienced Legal Help You Need
Dennis Hernandez Tampa car accident lawyers have been fighting for the rights of injured people throughout Florida for more than 25 years. We are committed to getting our clients the full and fair compensation they need to move on with their lives. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and recently won a $15 million jury verdict for a man who was severely injured in a head-on car crash.
To get the expert legal help you need with your Tampa car accident case, call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page.