Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
The draw of the open road and freedom draws many people to the exciting world of motorcycles. Despite the joy of the ride, this mode of transportation can unfortunately be dangerous. Motorcycle riders in St. Petersburg put their lives at risk with every ride without an enclosed vehicle for protection. This places them at higher risk to be killed or injured as the result of a motorcycle accident in St. Petersburg.
St. Petersburg is seeing more bikers travelling down the iconic roadways, resulting in a need to be more cautious. St. Petersburg bikers should be aware of surroundings at all times, whether on busy Interstate 275 or while navigating local neighborhoods. Bikers should also know what to do in the case of a motorcycle wreck in St. Petersburg.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates in St. Petersburg have the best motorcycle accident attorneys in the area. We are confident and capable when it comes to helping you navigate the process of receiving legal compensation following a motorbike accident in St. Petersburg. If you or a someone you know has been involved in a motorcycle crash, call us today.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced St. Petersburg accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident in St. Petersburg result in serious injuries and can sometimes be fatal. In a difficult situation like the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, it is good to know you can seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more in St. Petersburg.
Our expert lawyers in St. Petersburg are ready to help you get the coverage you need for recovery after a motorcycle accident. Depending on the details of your case, we can help obtain compensation for many motorcycle accident situations in St. Petersburg, including:
- Medical Costs
- Loss of Income
- Lose Wages and Income
- Medical Expenses
- Property Loss
- Loss of Consortium
- Damages from Pain and Suffering
- Punitive Damages
After a motorbike crash in St. Petersburg there are a few actions to take immediately. First, move your bike out of traffic if possible or have someone else do it. This can limit further damage and the chances for another motorcycle accident to occur with other drivers or even pedestrians. Call appropriate St. Petersburg authorities, especially if immediate medical attention is necessary.
The next step is to exchange insurance and contact information with everyone involved in the motorcycle accident. This also includes potential witnesses. Take pictures of the scene if you are able or ask someone else to.
After ensuring your immediate physical safety and those around you in the aftermath, contact us to speak with a motorcycle injuries attorney in St. Petersburg. We will gather all the needed information and help you determine if you have a case.
Heavy traffic on many roadways in St. Petersburg means a motorbike crash is an all too common occurrence. Distracted drivers and lack of awareness greatly increase these risks for bikers in St. Petersburg. The capable attorneys at Dennis Hernandez are able to assist with all types of situations, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Defective motorcycle equipment or parts
- Reckless or distracted driving
- DUI accidents
- U-Turn accidents
- Roadway obstructions
- Hit and run accidents
If you’re unsure if you have a claim, call us. We will provide a free initial consultation regarding a motor vehicle accident in St. Petersburg.
Without legal assistance, you might settle for less than you deserve from insurance companies in St. Petersburg. In an effort to make a quick settlement, you may be offered an unfair deal before all the facts are properly assessed. The claims process will start quickly, even if the motorcycle accident was last night. A St. Petersburg accident attorney can alleviate some of the stress of dealing with a claim in a biker accident case.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
You are not legally required to have an attorney in St. Petersburg while working with insurance companies. However, these insurance companies are businesses seeking to make a profit, sometimes at your expense after a motorcycle accident. One of our highly qualified motorbike crash attorneys will be able to protect your interests to get the best compensation deal in St. Petersburg.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. has been serving Florida for over twenty years and has expanded to cities like St. Petersburg. As a personal injury firm in St. Petersburg, we have experience with many case types, including wrongful deaths, car accidents, nursing home abuse, and more. We want to assign the best personal injury lawyer in St. Petersburg to your case to help you navigate this process for the best outcome.
We treat our St. Petersburg clients as extended family. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you have the best accident lawyer in St. Petersburg representing you. Hire from this injury law firm and we will strive to get you full compensation.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
For over a decade, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA has provided the best outcomes for motorcycle wrecks in St. Petersburg. Whether you were in a bike crash recently or just trying to be prepared for the future, we know an accident on a motorcycle is a devastating event not to be faced alone. Call us for a free consultation about the compensation you need at (727) 697-0000.
Whether the motorcycle accident was yesterday or a week ago, don’t let your case slip through the cracks. Get in touch with our experts in St. Petersburg today.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.