Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer
As the population in Bradenton and the surrounding area has increased, so too has the traffic and number of car accidents. In 2018 alone, there were 5,672 car crashes in Manatee County, causing 4,901 injuries and 75 fatalities, according to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
These car accidents can result in serious physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial struggles for a victim. Locating medical providers and services as well as trying to negotiate with insurance companies can add additional stress and anxiety to an already difficult situation.
If you were injured in a car accident, the experienced car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA can help alleviate some of these problems. We have extensive experience fighting for the rights of car accidents victim just like you and are committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled for all your injuries and anguish.
Contributing Factors to Bradenton Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for many reasons; however, some of the most common causes of a Bradenton car accident include:
- Drowsy driving –A tired driver is every bit as dangerous as an impaired driver with one study published by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety indicating that 20 percent of all car accidents involve a drowsy driver.
- Impaired driving – Impaired driving, which can refer to driving under the influence of illicit, prescription, or over-the-counter medications as well as alcohol, remains a common factor in car accidents.
- Distracted driving – While cell phones continue to be a major source of distracted driving, other things such as eating, talking to passengers, and handling pets can also cause a driver to be distracted.
- Hazardous road conditions – Conditions such as rain, ice, snow, or fog can contribute to a car accident if a driver fails to slow down and make the necessary adjustments based on the road conditions.
- Speed – Year after year, speed is listed as a leading cause of car accidents by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Top Car Accident Injuries
As the victim of a Bradenton car accident, you could walk away with only minor injuries or you could suffer any of the following serious injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – A sudden jolt or blow to the head, as often occurs in a collision, can result in a TBI which could lead to permanent damage or fatal injuries.
- Loss of limbs –A car accident can result in crushed or severely damaged limbs that must then be amputated.
- Broken bones – Broken bones can cause life-long pain, loss of function, and even life-threatening infection in some cases.
- Burns – Burn injuries that occur in a car accident can lead to chronic pain and scarring for the victim.
- Spinal cord injuries – A common car accident injury, spinal cord injuries can cause irreparable damage that leads to paralysis of the limbs.
Is a Bradenton Car Accident Victim Entitled to Compensation?
A Bradenton car accident victim could recover monetary damages for physical and emotional injuries, including compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and other care costs
- Income lost because of time off because of accident injuries
- Loss of earning capacity in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
In addition, family members of a car accident victim could be entitled to compensation for the loss of companionship, care, and support of a spouse or parent. You may also be entitled to compensation as a claimant in a wrongful death lawsuit if a family member was killed in a car accident.
The accomplished attorneys of Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA can help you understand your rights and the full compensation you deserve for the damages you have suffered.
Get Help from the Experienced Bradenton Car Accident Attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, we zealously pursue compensation for car accident victims by tirelessly gathering evidence that proves negligence on the part of the at-fault party (or parties). We then attempt to negotiate an advantageous settlement with the insurance company; however, if a settlement is not forthcoming, we will utilize our extensive trial experience to advocate on your behalf for a full and fair damages award.
Although Florida has a no-fault insurance law, that law does not necessarily mean that an injured victim cannot file a car accident lawsuit. On the contrary, the Florida No-Fault law specifically authorizes a victim who has suffered serious injuries to pursue a traditional car accident lawsuit. The Bradenton car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure you are protected and fully compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index.
Florida Department of Transportation. (2019). FY 2019 highway safety plan.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportation. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts.