Florida Airline Injury Attorney
Florida has numerous airports — 24 international airports, 131 public airports, and 365 private airports. A map from the Florida Department of Transportation shows that these airports are located throughout the state, benefiting the state’s travel and tourism industries. However, with so many people flying into, out of, and within Florida, there are, unfortunately, many chances for something to go wrong and people to get hurt.
Airplane crashes are not the only cause of airline injuries. Many injury accidents happen in-flight. Common causes of in-flight injuries are luggage falling out of overhead compartments and accidents with beverage carts. These accidents can cause serious injuries and can sometimes even be fatal.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an in-flight airline accident, you could be facing a lot of problems all at the same time. You may have to deal with finding good medical care, coping with pain and limitations in your abilities, and experiencing the stress of having mounting medical bills while you are losing income because your injuries prevent you from working the way you did before the accident.
The Dennis Hernandez Florida airline injury attorneys understand what you are going through. We have many years of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. If you or a loved one are a Florida resident who was seriously injured on an airline, we welcome the chance to talk with you and tell you more about how we can help.
Compensation for Florida In-Flight Airline Accident Victims
If another person’s negligence contributed to your in-flight airline injuries, or if an airplane was defective or improperly maintained and caused injuries, Florida law gives you the right to take legal action to pursue compensation for your injuries. That is, when you have been harmed by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to hold them liable for the damages their negligence has caused and get compensated fairly for your pain, suffering and losses.
These damages may be both economic and non-economic, including:
- Current and future medical treatment, including doctors, hospital, rehabilitation services and assistive devices, as needed
- Lost income, including current lost income and future loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy your life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship and support
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Common Causes of In-Flight Florida Airline Injuries
Some of the most common airline accidents that have injured Florida residents include:
- Luggage and other objects falling out of overhead bins. Nationwide, about 4,500 people per year are struck and injured by objects falling out of overhead bins. This can cause serious injuries, especially when the objects are heavy, as they usually are. Injuries include concussions and broken bones.
- Food and beverage carts rolling down the aisle. When a cart is not properly secured, it can roll down the aisle and knock someone over or run over their foot or leg. The carts are heavy and can cause substantial injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents. When liquid spills into the aisle and is not properly cleaned up, passengers can slip and fall. Objects that are dropped and left in the aisle can also cause passengers to trip and fall. These falls can result in substantial injuries.
- Hot liquids. Hot drinks served on an airplane can cause substantial burns if they are spilled on a passenger.
How a Florida Airline Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured during a flight, a Dennis Hernandez Florida airline injury attorney can help you pursue justice and the fair compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the rights of Florida accident victims to help them get the substantial compensation they need to go ahead with their lives.
Our airline injury attorneys are committed to:
- Investigating the accident and finding out who was at fault.
- Consulting with medical experts to establish the full value of your claim.
- Negotiating aggressively with the at-fault party’s insurance company to get you a fair and substantial settlement.
- Being well prepared to take the fight to court if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Providing the personal service and attention you need during this crucial time.
If you try to pursue a claim on your own without a lawyer, the at-fault party’s insurance company will try to get you to accept less than the law provides. If you become a Dennis Hernandez client, we will stand up to the insurance companies and work to make sure you get a fair deal.
Contact a Florida Airline Injury Attorney Today!
The Dennis Hernandez Florida injury attorneys will protect your rights and guide you through the legal process every step of the way. We will gather and present the evidence to make a compelling case, consult with experts, negotiate aggressively with the insurance company on your behalf, and never settle for a penny less than what you deserve. Unlike many other Florida injury lawyers, we never hesitate to go to court if that’s what it will take to get you what you need. We never back down.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an in-flight airline accident, you need to take action right away before it is too late. For a free consultation and to get started on your case, contact a Dennis Hernandez Florida airline injury attorney today.