Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Looking for an experienced Tampa car accident attorney? You’ve come to the right place. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA is a Tampa law firm specializing in auto accidents.
It’s often the case that insurance company lawyers do everything in their power to deny responsibility for paying compensation. We know the process of dealing with Tampa insurance companies is overwhelming, confusing, and frustrating when you’re not an expert. Hire a knowledgeable Tampa car accident lawyer today to get the compensation you deserve.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA we pride ourselves in our car accident claims successes for Tampa clients. Our experts will be with you every step of the way bringing forward the best possible outcome after an auto accident.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Tampa accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car wrecks in the Tampa area are sadly common because of traffic jams, distracted drivers and DUIs. Florida is a “no-fault” insurance state, which means that your Tampa insurance is responsible for paying medical bills. However, they will try to minimize the amount they pay you.
With our law firm, you’ll get the compensation you need after a crash. This includes your medical costs, whiplash injury, any lost wages, pain caused, and potential loss of future wages. Car wrecks can bring many different types of injuries, both physically and emotionally. There are huge financial implications if you are unable to work after an injury.
Give us a call to speak with a Tampa auto accident lawyer today. We will give you a better understanding of the compensation you’re entitled to regarding road accident claims.
We represent clients who’ve been involved in any kind of Tampa accident in cars. This includes:
- Head on collisions
- Hit and run
- Rear-end collisions
- Injured drivers or passengers
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving or road rage
- Defective auto parts
- Traffic violations
- Poorly maintained roads, vehicles or equipment
If you’ve been involved in a wreck in Tampa, you may be entitled to both economic and non-economic compensation. This can include:
- Lost earnings
- Expensive medical bills
- Cost of medical equipment and devices
- Cost for household services you can no longer perform
- Physical and mental pain
We also handle other kinds of crash of cars incidents including motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian and traffic accidents. Our team of Tampa lawyers is experienced, confident, and knowledgeable in helping you recover these damages.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
A Tampa car accident attorney is an expert in getting compensation after an injury or car wreck. Even the smallest auto crash can turn very complex as you try and navigate the legal process of making a claim.
Since insurance companies are businesses trying to make as much money as they can, you may be offered an unfair amount while you’re entitled to compensation that exceeds your PIP coverage. The best way to reach a just settlement is to hire Tampa attorney that specializes in car accidents.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA we make it our priority to protect your rights and interests. We’re experienced in reaching settlements that fully compensate clients for Tampa car accident injuries.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car crash, give Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA a call. From the smallest of claims to serious injuries, our team of Tampa experts get you the best outcome every time.
Don’t face your insurance company alone. Instead, let an experienced Tampa auto accident attorney protect your rights. For more information give us a call at (813) 250-0000.
We provide free consultations about Tampa car accident reports. Begin a no win no fee legal claim today for advice on what to do after a car accident.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Tampa personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.