Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
Have you had your life flipped upside down after a car accident in St. Petersburg? Do you need an experienced auto accident lawyer in the St. Petersburg area? Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is ready to connect you with a car accident lawyer to help you with your case. Hiring an expert car accident lawyer in St. Petersburg is the first step to receiving the compensation you need to move forward.
Insurance companies will do everything they can to deny compensation payout after a car crash. As experienced lawyers, we know how stressful it can be to work with insurance companies in St. Petersburg as you navigate doctors’ visits, health insurance claims, car accident claims, and more after an auto crash.
For over twenty years, the attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. have forged a reputation for car accident claim success for our clients in St. Petersburg. Our experts will guide you through the process and seek the best compensation and outcome after a crash in St. Petersburg.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced St. Petersburg accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
With the huge number of drivers on the Florida roadways and in St. Petersburg, traffic accidents are all too common. They are caused by everything from distracted drivers on the St. Petersburg highways to traffic jams to DUIs. Car insurance policies vary based on state regulations. For Florida, this includes being a “no-fault” insurance state, which places responsibility for medical bill payout on your insurance company. With the large number of claims filed every year, insurance companies will seek to minimize the amount that is paid out to you.
With an expert car accident attorney from St. Petersburg on your side, you’ll receive the compensation you deserve after a road accident in St. Petersburg. We will seek compensation for medical bills, whiplash injury, current and future lost wages, and for any pain caused. A crash of cars results in many types of injuries, including emotional and physical damage. Compensation packages should also include financial setbacks due to an inability to work as the result of a crash.
Your injuries should be your focus after a crash. Contact us to speak with a car accident attorney today so we can start understanding what compensation to seek.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. represents clients involved in a myriad of accident types in St. Petersburg. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head on collisions
- Hit and run
- Driving while fatigued
- Injured drivers and passengers
- Defective auto parts
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Traffic violations
- Poorly maintained roads, vehicles or equipment
If you have experienced an auto accident in St. Petersburg, there is the potential for both non-economic and economic compensation. This compensation may include:
- Coverage for expensive medical bills
- Cost of medical devices and equipment
- Lost earnings or wages
- Cost for household services you can no longer perform
- Mental and physical pain
We also work with other types of crashes in St. Petersburg, including truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and traffic accidents. Our St. Petersburg lawyers are confident, capable, and knowledgeable on what to do after a car accident.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
A St. Petersburg car accident lawyer is well versed on successfully seeking compensation after an accident with cars. Complicated insurance policies and legal processes in St. Petersburg mean even the smallest car crash can become a complex issue.
At the end of it all, insurance companies are businesses and have to operate as such. In an effort to maximize profit, you may be offered less than you deserve. The best route to reaching a settlement is to employ an auto accident attorney in St. Petersburg dedicated to getting you the best result.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. knows car accident reports only tell part of the story. That is why our auto accident attorney will the time to listen to you in order to prioritize your interests, needs, and rights. We know how to reach settlements that fully compensate our clients for the injuries and damages they sustain as a result of St. Petersburg car accidents.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in St. Petersburg, call Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. today. From serious injuries to small claims, our team of St. Petersburg attorneys are ready to get you the best outcome.
Don’t take on insurance companies alone. Tap in a top-notch car accident lawyer to help protect your rights. To learn more, call us at (727) 697-0000. Our consultation services are free. We operate on a no win, no legal fee model and are standing by at our St. Petersburg office to give you advice on what to do after a car accident.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.