Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Bartow, FL
Bartow truck accidents can bring serious consequences and damages – sometimes even resulting in death. Injuries can take a long recovery time not to mention the piles of medical bills and expenses. If you’ve been involved in a truck crash, you may be entitled to compensation to cover these damages.
Truck companies and drivers need to be held responsible when they are at fault. However, proving negligence in court can be complex and sometimes stressful. Dennis Hernandez & Associates fights tirelessly for clients who’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness to get you the justice you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bartow Truck Accidents
The repercussions on victims caused by a Bartow semi truck accident can be very serious causing physical and emotional harm. Injuries include broken bones, soft tissue injuries, or emotional traumas like PTSD.
Immediately after an accident, it’s important you visit a doctor to monitor your health. Be sure to keep track of all medical records as they can be used as evidence in your case.
There are a few reasons accidents occur but most of the time it comes down to negligence. Some examples of carelessness on behalf of a Bartow driver include:
- Driving while distracted or fatigued
- Ignoring Bartow road signs and regulations
- Unbalanced or overloaded freights
- Mechanical failures
Any of these reasons give you a case to present at court. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow, FL we work tirelessly to give you the best possible outcome. Trucking companies will have strong legal representation, and so should you.
Trucking Company Responsibilities
Trucking companies have responsibilities they need to live up to while driving on the open road. When failing to do so, they become the at-fault party in a wreck. However, in Bartow, the process of proving negligence falls upon the victim.
Our Bartow legal team will help you gather the necessary evidence needed to receive the compensation you deserve. In addition to pictures taken at the scene, eyewitness statements, and police accident reports, our team of truck injury lawyers will help gather the following:
- Driver log books
- Trucking company records (personnel records, maintenance policies, etc.)
- Bartow dash cam footage or black box data
Not only will you get the justice you deserve, but companies need to face the consequences for reckless driving.
A Bartow tractor trailer accident will bring some damage and you need to keep track of it. Damages include a loss of income, property damage, medical bills, and even suffered pain as a result of the wreck. Our Bartow team will help you gather all the evidence to present a solid case at court.
If you decide you don’t want to pursue legal action, we can still obtain a settlement from the negligent party. It’s important to start documenting damages as soon as possible whether you had a truck accident yesterday or today. Get in touch with our Bartow legal team to learn more.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
If you’re filing a claim against a Bartow trucking company, you can be sure they have a truck accidents attorney to represent them. Navigating this process can be difficult which is why you need some legal advice and representation yourself. Contact our Bartow office now to find out how we can help.
Consult an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates takes pride in the positive outcomes they’ve offered Bartow residents. We’re a long-standing truck accident law firm you can trust. While you focus on the healing process, let us gather evidence and get you the compensation you deserve.
For a free initial consultation with our lawyers, give Dennis Hernandez’ office in Bartow a call today.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.