Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Bartow, FL
Car accidents and collisions are incredibly scary experiences alone. Handling insurance companies and seeking financial compensation after a car accident doesn’t have to add extra stress when you’re trying to recover.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we’re proud to represent residents of the Bartow, FL, area in auto accident cases. From the very first step, we’ll treat your case with compassion, respect, and the time it deserves. Our seasoned attorneys will help you fight for your rightful compensation from insurance companies.
We also handle cases in Bartow involving trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles. While you focus on recovering physically and emotionally after a crash, our attorneys will consult with the insurance companies. At this difficult time, Dennis Hernandez will stand with you.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
A car crash is serious – as are the resulting injuries. Even a minor collision can have severe consequences and incur huge medical bills. That is why it’s important to pursue compensation with the help of a skilled and experienced car accident attorney in Bartow.
Florida is a “no-fault” state, meaning that Bartow insurance companies are responsible for handling medical bills. But these are expensive for insurance companies, so their processes are typically confusing and covered with red tape. These policies are an attempt to deter you from seeking the money you deserve.
Even if you only suffered a temporary whiplash injury or a few scrapes, it’s important to pursue all of the compensation you’re entitled to. Dennis Hernandez’s car accident lawyers in Bartow have extensive experience and can guide you through the process of seeking damages after an auto accident.
Sometimes an auto crash is a true accident. But, generally, collisions in Bartow are the result of reckless behavior behind the wheel. Some common causes include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI)
- Driving while fatigued or tired
- Road rage or general recklessness
- Ignoring Bartow traffic signs or rules
- Texting while driving
- Vehicle malfunction from poor maintenance or faulty parts
Specific causes vary from case to case: we have experience with all kinds of clients and situations. You can trust that Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow are here to help at any time.
Determining Damages in Bartow
The damages you can receive from a car crash or traffic accident go beyond covering bills from the hospital or mechanic. You can also receive compensation for emotional distress and mental and physical pain. Overall, damages can include:
- Hospital bills, medications, and physical therapy
- Cost of the inability to care for children or a household
- Lost income
- Mental and emotional suffering
At Dennis Hernandez, we have great success in securing rightfully owed compensation to victims. If you’ve been involved in road accidents in Bartow or throughout Florida, contact us now.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
When you’re asking yourself what to do after a car accident, the first thing – after receiving medical care – is to contact a Bartow auto accident lawyer.
Car accident claims can be difficult to file, car accident reports are tricky to track down, and managing the logistics of a case is strenuous on top of trying to recover. From our years of experience, we understand just how difficult the process can be. That’s why we at Dennis & Hernandez are dedicated to helping Bartow residents step-by-step, no matter how hard or complicated things may be.
Consult an Experienced Bartow Car Accident Lawyer
We proudly offer Bartow residents our expertise when it comes to car accident injuries. We have a proven track record of successfully negotiating with insurance companies and fighting for the best interests of our clients.
When you choose Dennis Hernandez & Associates Bartow, you won’t pay unless we win your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and case review with an auto accident attorney in Bartow.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.