Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Florida
Finding the right car accident lawyer in Florida to support you or your loved one after an injury is an arduous process. There are many factors that must be considered when choosing the right Florida firm. You need a trusted auto accident attorney who can help get the compensation you deserve.
Our legal team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates has won cases throughout Florida. We service Tampa and St. Petersburg to Orlando, Largo and Sarasota. We have a strong history of successfully representing clients in car accident claims, due to our knowledge of the Florida law.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Florida accident attorney. Please contact us at (855) 529 3366.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Experiencing a road accident can be traumatic. It brings emotional, physical and financial repercussions. Victims of car accidents in Florida commonly suffer from injuries like:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Scrapes or lacerations requiring stitches
- PTSD or trauma
- Whiplash injury
These injuries can be expensive to treat in hospitals. They require healing and recovery time, meaning victims may not be able to return to work. In addition to your physical injuries, you may also experience mental or emotional distress, which can also lead to anxiety. Victims must treat this as well. Victims will have to pay for physical therapy or counseling appointments.
Florida crashes can be incredibly dangerous and can occur as a result of a number of factors. Negligence at the wheel is most common. This includes distracted driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and even driving while tired. Additionally, ignoring signage or Florida driving laws can lead to a serious traffic accident.
We believe in holding reckless or negligent drivers responsible. Providing financial compensation to victims is a must. This can’t happen unless a victim pursues a case in Florida court. Consulting with Dennis Hernandez & Associates is the first step towards fair compensation. We demand fair treatment from all guilty parties.
A quality Florida law firm will know what your case is worth. Damages don’t begin and end with the cost to heal car accident injuries in the hospital. Your attorney will assess all possible damage.
An injury can lead to long-term loss of wages in Florida. Victims might lose their job, or they’re no longer able to perform due to someone else’s negligence.
In order to determine damages, it is important to consider lost earnings. This does not just mean medical bills. Long-term physical and emotional distress caused by the incident is significant. We’ll collect car accident reports and base a case around all of the accident’s details.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
A qualified Florida auto accident lawyer knows what to do after a car accident. Our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates helps you at every stage of the Florida legal process and fights to maximize the compensation you’ll receive in court.
We collect evidence and prove negligence. We know local Florida laws. We our clients through the entirety of the process.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
It can be tempting to avoid dealing with lawyers altogether. You might just want to tackle a seemingly straightforward case on your own. But it is so easy to be taken advantage of by large Florida companies. Even when the evidence seems stacked in your favor, experienced legal teams can quickly reduce your due compensation with a well-built case.
Working with our attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates means being supported through the entire process. We can build your case to demonstrate your need for compensation from damages incurred as a result of your accident.
Our five office locations serve residents and visitors of the following areas:
- Winter Haven
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use his or hers.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.