Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven, FL
Motorcycle riders enjoy the freedom of driving out onto the open road. However, along with these pleasures, they are also exposed to some dangers.
Bikers are more likely to be involved in a crash than car drivers. They are offered little to no protection when compared to an enclosed vehicle. Due to the negligence of other drivers on the road, motorcycle crashes are more likely to result in injury or even death.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, our Winter Haven accident attorneys can help you or a loved one streamline the process of getting compensation after a bike crash. It’s important to know what to do in case of an accident, so don’t hesitate to give us a call.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Winter Haven accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle injuries range from minor to severe. It’s no surprise that sometimes these accidents may result in a fatality because of what little protection bikers have when driving on the open road. When difficult times arise, our Winter Haven legal team is here to help you seek the compensation you and your family need.
Here are some of the damages you can receive compensation for if you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Winter Haven:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering (physical and emotional)
- Property loss
If you’re involved in an accident on a motorcycle in Winter Haven, the first thing you want to do is move your bike out of traffic if possible. This will avoid any future wrecks. Seek medical attention as soon as you can, and don’t forget to exchange contact and insurance information with those involved in the motor vehicle accident.
Then, give us a call to get in touch with a trusted Winter Haven motorcycle injuries lawyer. We will review your case and let you know if you have a case.
There are several reasons motorcycle accidents occur in Winter Haven. Such events may be the result of distracted driving (using a cellphone) or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Other types of circumstances include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Hit and run wrecks
- Roadway obstructions
If you’re unsure if you have a case, give us a call for a complimentary consultation. If you are entitled to compensation, your next step would be to file a claim. The Winter Haven biker accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will fight to protect your rights provide you with the strong legal representation you deserve.
You can always file a claim on your own. However, keep in mind that insurance companies aren’t trying to lose money and will have legal representation with them in court. This means you could be getting offered an unfair deal without your knowledge.
A Winter Haven attorney who specializes in motorcycle crashes can make sure you get the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and lifelong physical and emotional trauma.
Why You Need a Winter Haven Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Whether you were in a motorcycle accident last night or several weeks ago, you need an attorney. Having an experienced Winter Haven motorcycle attorney on your side increases your chance of receiving the funds you need to cover the damages. Insurance companies are a business, and the way they make money is by compensating you for as little as they can get away with. Our Winter Haven attorneys will protect your rights and work to get you the best outcome possible.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven
If you or someone you know has been involved in a motorcycle crash, we encourage you to get in touch with our law firm today. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Winter Haven, FL, we take pride in our success rate when it comes down to motorcycle wrecks. Whether you were in a motorcycle accident last night or last week, give us a call to discuss your options.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Winter Haven personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.