Florida Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
The number of delivery trucks on Florida’s roads is increasing every year. Nationwide, more than 1,640,000 people drive delivery trucks, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and that number is expected to continue to grow rapidly.
Unfortunately, these trucks cause many accidents. They collide with other vehicles, hit pedestrians, and even crash into buildings. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that light trucks are involved in more than 3,800,000 crashes per year.
If you were seriously injured in a crash that involved a delivery truck in Florida, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your pain, suffering and losses, if the truck driver or another party’s negligence caused or partially caused the accident. The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers have the experience and skill to guide successfully you through the legal process and help you obtain the full, fair compensation you are entitled to under Florida law.
Please don’t hesitate to call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to talk with an experienced truck accident lawyer about your accident. We’ll help you understand your rights as a Florida truck accident victim and advise you on your best course of action. Our advice and legal services are FREE to you until we WIN the full settlement or award you deserve.
Why Are Delivery Truck Accidents in Florida So Dangerous?
If you get hit by a truck when you are driving or riding in a car, you can be severely injured. That’s because a truck, even a relatively light truck, weighs far more than a car. The force of the impact of a delivery truck can cause injuries that are more severe than if the collision had been between two automobiles.
Delivery truck drivers are often under tremendous pressure to deliver their packages. They may have to meet unrealistic quotas for how many packages they need to deliver during their shift. The result is that safety gets sacrificed for speed.
If you were recently injured in a delivery truck accident, it’s a good idea to talk with a Florida truck accident lawyer. When you have an experienced lawyer helping you understand your rights and fighting for your rights, you have the best chance of obtaining the full financial compensation you deserve for you pain, suffering and losses.
What Are Common Causes of Florida Delivery Truck Accidents?
Delivery truck accidents can occur for various reasons, but the most common ones are:
- Driver fatigue. Delivery drivers often work long hours. That alone would make them likely to be too tired to drive safely. Combine that with the pressure to meet delivery quotas, and the risk of their being in an accident is even higher. They may have no time to take a much-needed rest break, or they may try to push themselves with coffee or legal or illegal drugs.
- Unsafe driving maneuvers. Delivery drivers often have to find addresses that are unfamiliar to them. They may be looking for house numbers rather than watching the road. Or, they may make sudden stops or turns without paying attention to other vehicles behind or around them.
- Inexperienced drivers. As more people order items online, and the need for delivery drivers increases, companies may have trouble finding enough drivers. They may hire people with little or no experience driving commercial trucks and put them to work without little or no training.
- Driver distraction. Distracted driving is a common cause of all types of vehicle accidents. It’s even more common in accidents involving delivery trucks. Delivery drivers may pay less attention to the road when they are trying to find their next destinations. They also may be more easily distracted when they are fatigued.
When delivery truck drivers fail to drive safely, their negligence can cause serious accidents. The Dennis Hernandez Florida delivery truck accident lawyers have the resources and experience to investigate the accident thoroughly and gather evidence proving the delivery driver’s negligence caused or contributed to your getting injured. We will use that evidence to bring compelling claim for damages against the negligent driver.
What Injuries Are Commonly Caused by Florida Delivery Truck Accidents?
Injuries sustained in accidents involving delivery trucks are often life-altering. These injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe injuries to the limbs
- Internal injuries
- Disfiguring cuts and lacerations
These injuries from delivery truck accidents may require long-term medical treatment and rehabilitation. They may prevent you from working, and they can have long-lasting psychological effects. Your family can also face many new difficulties because of your injuries.
If your accident was caused by the delivery driver’s negligence, you need and deserve to hold the negligent parties financially responsible for your injury-related expenses and losses. Financial compensation cannot change what happened, but it can alleviate some of your stress and give you and your family the financial security to face the future.
Who Should Be Held Responsible for Your Injuries in a Florida Delivery Truck Accident Case?
When an accident involves a delivery truck, there are multiple parties who may be held legally responsible for your injuries. These include the delivery driver, the manufacturer of the truck, and the people or companies responsible for its maintenance and repair.
Sometimes drivers are independent contractors. Other times, they are working for a company that contracts with the company whose packages they are delivering. If the driver works for a company, the employer may also be held responsible.
The experienced Florida Dennis Hernandez delivery truck accident lawyers will investigate your accident thoroughly and identify all the parties that may be held legally responsible for your injuries. We will name them as defendants in your lawsuit and fight vigorously to help you obtain the maximum compensation to which you are entitled under Florida law.
How a Dennis Hernandez Florida Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Full and Fair Compensation
The Dennis Hernandez law firm has more than 25 years of experience helping Florida accident victims. We have won life-changing settlements and jury awards for our injured clients and will put our experience, litigation skills and resources to work fighting for the compensation you deserve. We will:
- Thoroughly investigate the delivery truck accident and find all the negligent parties.
- Fully demonstrate your complete need for compensation for your current and future medical expenses, lost income, pain, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, and all other damages recoverable under Florida law.
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance company representatives on your behalf.
- Be well prepared to fight and win in the courtroom, if necessary.
- Guide you through every step of the legal process.
- Never stop fighting for you until justice is served.
Don’t wait until it is too late to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 855-529-3366 or use the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our expert advice and legal services are FREE until we WIN your case.