Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
The open road, the wind in your face, and the feeling of independence. These are what drive people to ride a motorcycle. Orlando motorcycle enthusiasts love that feeling of freedom. But sometimes, it comes at the risk of a severe personal injury in a motorcycle accident.
Motorcycles lack the added protection of an enclosed vehicle. As such, bikers in Orlando are at a higher risk of motorcycle injuries. Therefore, they must be extra cautious while driving. The freedom of the open road is never worth a terrible injury caused by a motorcycle wreck.
If an Orlando motorcycle crash has affected you, contact us. The experienced attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. can help. We will represent you in your personal injury claim.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Orlando accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Orlando motorcycle crashes can result in worse injuries than car crashes. These motorcycle wrecks can cause severe damage or even be fatal. The medical expenses racked up from necessary treatment can be costly.
If you find yourself in this kind of position in Orlando, you deserve someone who will fight for you. You deserve to receive fair coverage for the many costs of your injuries. These may include:
- Medical costs
- Property loss
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
- Physical, emotional, or mental suffering
Motorcycle accidents happen frequently, especially in Orlando. In fact, there was probably an Orlando motorcycle accident last night that injured someone. Why do these instances occur so often?
The most common causes of an injury-causing motorcycle crash in Orlando include:
- Rear-end collisions
- DUI accident
- Reckless driving
- Roadway construction or obstructions
- Defective vehicle parts
- U-turn crashes
- Hit and runs
No matter what caused the Orlando motor vehicle accident, you deserve coverage. You should receive compensation for the costly damages. Without an experienced attorney, you are likely to get taken advantage of by your insurance company. Insurance companies act quickly to offer a low settlement. Accident victims without the knowledge of proving damages are at risk of giving in to this low-grade offer.
An Orlando biker accident attorney will fight for you in these cases. They will help you identify all the damages and determine the compensation you deserve. Our team at Dennis Hernandez Orlando will help you prove fault and itemize damages. In doing so, we’ll get the compensation from your insurance or the liable party.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The state of Florida does not require you to have a lawyer when negotiating with your insurance company. However, it’s crucial to find an Orlando attorney that will help you recover as much as possible. That’s because insurance companies by default are trying to make the most profit possible. They do so by giving away the least amount possible.
Were you involved in an Orlando motorcycle accident yesterday or two weeks ago? No matter. Either way, it’s important to file a claim with an experienced lawyer now. It’s your best bet to get the most money possible.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Since 1997, the best accident lawyers here at Dennis Hernandez have helped hundreds of Orlando families. We secure justice when the damaging actions and choices of others affect our Orlando clients. We specialize in a wide array of personal injury cases. No matter your situation, we’ve got you covered.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At the Orlando office of Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., we fight for the best outcome on a motorcycle accident claim. If you have suffered an injury from an accident on a motorcycle, know that you are not alone.
Our services are also cost-effective. We offer our clients a free consultation. Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that the client doesn’t pay us unless we win their case.
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Orlando personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.