Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Kissimmee, FL
Losing someone you love in an accident is difficult. It’s even worse when the incident was preventable. If your loved in Kissimmee lost their life because of another person’s actions, you have legal options. You may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
Proving negligence as the cause of the loss of a loved one can be difficult in a Kissimmee court. It’s left to the surviving family to prove the other party’s fault. You need to show that the party at fault failed to provide a safe environment for the deceased. Furthermore, you’ll need to calculate the compensation which you would receive. You’ll need to gather estimated lost income, medical bills, and ultimately, a price for a lost human life.
This is an extremely distressing and emotional time. You shouldn’t have to face it alone. Hire a wrongful death attorney from our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates. Our Kissimmee firm will help you find justice and fair payment in wrongful death settlements.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Kissimmee accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A claim is a civil action that surviving family members can pursue when a person’s loss of life was the result of someone else’s negligence.
In Kissimmee, the parents, children, spouse, or any other dependent may file the claim. The statute of limitations in Kissimmee is two years.
When Do I Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
You’ll need to file a claim as soon as possible. Businesses and corporations can afford expensive lawyers to handle a wrongful death lawsuit in Kissimmee. This makes them a tough opponent in the courtroom. That’s why you need an experienced Kissimmee attorney versed in wrongful death law.
Even if someone doesn’t want to fully pursue the case in court, our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates can help. We support families seeking to reach settlements with the negligent parties.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of pursuing a claim in Kissimmee varies depending on the relationship between the deceased and the claimant and the situation. Due to these varying factors, the wrongful death damages also will vary.
Loved ones of the deceased often can reach settlements since businesses want to avoid bringing cases to Kissimmee courts. Insurance companies in Kissimmee typically pay out wrongful death settlements on behalf of the party at fault.
In Kissimmee courts, many factors can contribute to wrongful death damages. They vary depending on each situation and the relationships between the surviving family and the deceased. Some items that compensation can cover include:
Medical costs accrued prior to the loss of life
Loss of the deceased’s income
Mental pain and suffering
Contact Dennis Hernandez & Associates for free consultations in Kissimmee. We help families determine whether a wrongful death lawsuit is the best option for them financially.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
All of these cases are the result of negligence on the part of a corporation or individual. However, there are a few types of situations. In Kissimmee, the following are common situations that lead to the loss of life:
Car or truck accidents
How Do I Choose a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
When looking for wrongful death lawyers, you’ll need to do some research. Look into the legal credentials and the firm’s past success rate in handling wrongful death claims in Kissimmee. It’s also important to choose a wrongful death lawyer who can be compassionate to your loss.
Our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates possess both the appropriate respect for your situation and the legal experience in Kissimmee to get justice for your loved one.
Consult an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing someone you love is a traumatic experience. Our Kissimmee lawyers will support you during this difficult process. We’ll give you the attention and time you deserve so that you get the appropriate wrongful death damages.
If you’re interested in filing a wrongful death claim, call our Kissimmee office for a free, no-obligation consultation.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.