Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
Bikers love the freedom that the open road brings. However, this enjoyment comes with risks. Motorcycles offer little protection. As such, injuries are likely to happen when involved in a Clearwater motorcycle crash. While enclosed vehicles offer extra protection, motorcycles put bikers’ lives at risk.
The number of Clearwater riders is on the rise. This means all drivers need to be cautious of motorcyclists. However, not enough drivers are. In an accident involving a motorcycle and a vehicle, motorcycle drivers are likely to suffer injury or even death.
Motorcycle injuries can be very serious. Unfortunately, they are very common in the Clearwater area. Your first step in an accident should be to get medical attention. Your next step? Get in touch with Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Clearwater. We are here to streamline the complex legal process. Our goal is to make the case as stress-free for you and your family.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, get in touch with an attorney today.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Clearwater accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Injuries caused by motorcycle wrecks are not limited to physical pain. Victims are also likely to suffer from emotional or mental trauma. All these factors need to be taken into consideration when filing a claim for a bike crash in Clearwater.
We strongly encourage you to seek the compensation you deserve. Our team of Clearwater attorneys can help you receive the justice and assistance you need. Depending on your case, we can help receive compensation for the following damages:
- Expensive medical bills
- Loss of wages and property
- Pain suffered
- Punitive damages
Our team of Clearwater attorneys specialize in motorcycle wrecks – don’t go through this process alone.
Clearwater motorcycle accidents can be caused by a number of reasons. The main ones are distracted drivers. This city is home to heavy traffic. Thus, it requires all drivers to practice safe driving habits. But not all drivers do, and this is where we come in.
Our Clearwater attorneys can help with any type of biker accident, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Reckless driving or road rage
- Rear-end and head-on collisions
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Hit and runs
Where you involved in a Clearwater motorcycle accident last night? If so, explore your options. Give Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. a call today.
From the moment of your motorcycle accident, you want to begin accounting for damages. If possible, take pictures of the scene and get witness contact information. All of this is important if you decide to press charges after your Clearwater motor vehicle accident.
Allow us to review your case and help you determine damages. If you’re unsure whether you have a case, get in touch with us today.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Clearwater insurance providers are just like any other business. They don’t want to lose out on money. In order to protect their bottom line after motorcycle crashes, they will call in their own talented legal team.
Don’t let your insurance provider decide how much you should be getting back. Get the Clearwater accident motorcycle compensation you truly deserve. Give us call – we make sure your case doesn’t go unnoticed.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates seek to get you the best possible outcome after a Clearwater motorcycle crash. Don’t go through this difficult time alone. Allow our Clearwater legal team to be by your side every step of the way. Whether you were in a motorcycle accident yesterday or today, give us a call.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.