Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Orlando, FL
Have you experienced serious personal injury in Orlando because of someone else’s negligence? If so, you deserve justice and support. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., we see it as our job to take legal action, and we aim to help you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Orlando insurance companies may limit the compensation you receive for a serious injury. That’s when you need a team of expert accident injury lawyers. Our Orlando-based injury law firm can help rework that number. We’ll get you a better figure that takes into full account the many ways the accident has affected your life.
With our team of the best Orlando lawyers, your case will have the best support it can get.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Orlando accident attorney. Please contact us at (407) 680 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury attorney assists those who desire to file a claim. This claim is against someone or something at fault after a serious accident. If that accident resulted in injury, the person has a case. Case examples can include car accidents in Orlando, workers compensation and more.
The attorney helps to determine the losses suffered as a result of the Orlando accident. Then, they help create fair figures for compensatory damages.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in some sort of accident not of your own fault, you may have a case. Some of the kinds of cases include:
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Truck accident
- Bicycle accident
- Dog Bite
- Wrongful Death
- Boating Accidents
How Much Does It Cost?
Figuring out the worth of your Orlando claim is an important first step. First, the settlement amount depends on how severe your injuries are. Important information to consider includes medical treatment, such as past or ongoing hospital fees. Another significant factor can be wages lost from injury. In addition, it takes into account the extent of the liability of the defendant. It might also be pertinent to consider things like emotional pain and distress. As well, the suffering or burden on family members might be part of the worth.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Choosing the right personal injury law firm is crucial to get the best results. Orlando’s Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. has been handling these kinds of personal injury claims since 1997. We work in Orlando and throughout Central and South Florida. Our specialties include nursing home abuse, car accidents, and wrongful death among many. We set our goals high and aim to be the best personal injury lawyer team in the Orlando area.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Since 1997, the best accident lawyers here at Dennis Hernandez have helped hundreds of Orlando families. We secure justice when the damaging actions and choices of others affect our Orlando clients. We specialize in a wide array of personal injury cases. No matter your situation, we’ve got you covered.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
If you’re looking for personal injury protection from an attorney, we’re ready to take on your case. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is the Orlando personal injury firm for you. We possess years of experience and high-level expertise in handling these types of claims. We look forward to helping new clients earn the compensation they deserve.
Our team of personal injury solicitors treat each Orlando client like extended family. We work to earn full compensation on every case brought our way. We offer free consultations for anyone who wants access to the best accident lawyer in Orlando.
Don’t leave your case up to mediocre injury claim lawyers. Go with the best and contact our Orlando office today. Set up your consultation with Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A.
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Orlando personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.