Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Lakeland, FL
Has someone else’s carelessness caused serious injury to you or a loved one in Lakeland? Do you need to seek full compensation and legal action? The highly qualified legal team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in Lakeland has what you need.
Insurance companies in Lakeland should not be deciding what you receive after injury claims. Our injury claim lawyers know how to work with these companies. We can accurately determine all the ways an accident has changed your life. With that knowledge, we can strive for full compensation, both for current and future expenses.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA is the premier law firm in the central Florida region. We are home to some of the best accident injury lawyers in Lakeland.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Lakeland accident attorney. Please contact us at (863) 888 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury attorney in Lakeland fights for justice for injured victims. The attorney helps bring a claim against the institution or person who is at fault for the accident. The claim can address a number of injuries in Lakeland, including:
- Car accidents
- Workplace injuries,
- Other no-fault accidents or injuries
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Injuries can be physical, mental, or emotional. For any of these injuries, you may be able to claim damages. When someone else’s negligence in Lakeland causes injuries, you have legal recourse.
Legally, you can handle your own case. However, a Lakeland personal injury firm can provide resources to improve your chances of winning. Our attorneys will assist in the case to fight for your due compensation. At Dennis Hernandez, we have handled many personal injury claims and cases. We set our sights high for the best compensation you can receive. We won’t let Lakeland insurance companies from decreasing your payout.
How Much Does It Cost?
As a personal injury law firm, we know our clients have already been through and are going through a lot. This is why Dennis Hernandez in Lakeland operates on a contingency fee basis. This means if you don’t win, we won’t collect a fee. Contingency fee means our Lakeland lawyers receive payment based on the final case settlement. Those fees can be between 33% and 40%, depending on claimants’ case.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of a case factors in the severity of injuries. This includes everything from medical care costs to lost wages. It also depends on the liability of the other parties involved in the accident. The crucial factor in determining a case’s worth is pooling all the factors. These include pain or distress, family suffering, lost wages, and hospital fees.
We will assign the best personal injury lawyer in Lakeland to your case. Our goal is to ensure the responsible party accounts for all damage done to you.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
For over two decades, we have served the needs of the Lakeland community. Our specialties include personal injury, wrongful deaths, auto accidents, nursing home abuse, and more. If you need the best accident lawyer in Lakeland, we are here to help.
Our Lakeland office treats clients like extended family when working on your case. You’ll have access to personal injury solicitors with your best interests in mind. We will get you the full compensation you deserve. For an expert injury lawyer in Lakeland, call us today.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Since 1997, Dennis Hernandez has been working to offer clients the best possible outcomes. Our personal injury team has years of experience and is ready to dive into your case, no matter how complex. Our injury law firm in Lakeland will provide nothing short of the highest quality of work. We are ready to assist you and help you make the most of personal injury protection.
To schedule a free consultation and gather more information, contact our Lakeland office at (863) 888 0000.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.