FREE CASE EVALUATION
assistance AVAILABLE - 24 HRS A DAY - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Harvard Law Graduate | Born & Raised in Tampa
No Fees or Costs Unless WE Win
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Myers, FL
The freedom of the open road is what draws people to purchase motorcycles. Enthusiasts are attracted to the exhilarating feeling it offers. Unfortunately, as enjoyable as riding can be, it’s also extremely dangerous. Bikers’ lives are put at greater risk than car drivers because they lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle. Due to the exposure, they are more likely to be injured or killed in the event of an accident.
Fort Myers has more new riders every day, which means more caution needs to be taken on the road. Florida is known for its beautiful weather; more motorcyclists will continue to spread throughout the state. That means all riders should be informed about what to do in the case of an accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Fort Myers motorcycle crash, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in Fort Myers is home to the most experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in the area. Receiving compensation for your losses can prove to be challenging, we will help expedite this process and get you on the road to taking back your life.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
It’s no surprise that Fort Myers motorcycle crashes can cause serious injuries and even death. The time after a motorcycle accident can prove to be extremely difficult for all involved. When times like these arise, you can seek compensation to cover medical expenses associated with your injuries.
Our lawyers are here to give you the assistance you need during recovery. Every situation is different, but depending on your circumstances we can help you receive compensation for the following:
- Medical Costs
- Loss of Income
- Property Loss
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
If you get into an accident in Fort Myers, immediately move your motorcycle out of the way of oncoming vehicles. If you’re unable to do so, get someone else to help. Doing so will prevent more damage from occurring to other drivers and pedestrians. Of course, seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity; it could end up helping your claim. Then, exchange contact and insurance information with those involved in the bike crash. Getting contact information from everyone involved will save you, or an attorney, a lot of time. Also, always remember to take photos of the incident. Documenting as much as possible can aid your case.
Finally, give us a call to speak with a Fort Myers motorcycle injury attorney. We can help you establish if you have a case.
Unfortunately, getting into an accident on a motorcycle in the Fort Myers area is common due to heavy traffic in the state of Florida. With more than 23 million people in the state, riders and drivers are meant to share the road; but far too often, drivers are neglectful to their surroundings. Thanks to the distraction posed by cell phones and other things that pull attention away from the road, the situation is made even worse. Our knowledgeable motorcycle crash lawyers will be able to help you with all types of situations including:
- Defective motorcycle parts or equipment
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Reckless driving
- DUI accidents
- Roadway obstructions
- U-Turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
If you’re unsure about bringing a claim, give us a call. We offer free initial consultations regarding accidents in the Fort Myers area.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
In the state of Florida, you are not required to hire a lawyer when dealing with your insurance company. However, just like many other businesses, insurance providers want to keep as much profit as possible. A skilled Fort Myers accident attorney will protect your rights and get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Whether you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident today, or weeks ago; never let your case get lost in the shuffle. Give our firm a call today.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA we take pride in offering Fort Myers residents the best possible outcomes when it comes to a motorcycle accident. The aftermath of an incident can be frightening for you, your family and friends. We’re here to help you take back your life.
Don’t go through the process alone and settle for a small payment, give us a call at (855)-LAW-DENNIS to get one step closer to receiving the recovery that you deserve.
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as the accident occurs. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy or are physically unfit to do the task, ask someone on the scene to take the photos.
- Use several angles to capture every vehicle involved.
- Take photos, or even video, of the area surrounding the accident; including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
Gather and Write Down Information:
- Take down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Determine who owns the car that you’ve been in the accident with.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that the other driver uses.
- From local law enforcement, find out how soon the accident report will be available and where you can access it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene (This could be the most important part of a successful case). • Do not ask witnesses for statements—your accident attorney will contact them if needed.
- • If there were no witnesses, make note of nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
We will respond as quickly as we can.
Find help anywhere, anytime.