FREE CASE EVALUATION
assistance AVAILABLE - 24 HRS A DAY - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Harvard Law Graduate | Born & Raised in Tampa
No Fees or Costs Unless WE Win
Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Sarasota, FL
Motorcycles give you a sense of freedom. This freedom, though, is not without its risks. Even with a helmet, bikes lack the covered protection offered by most cars and trucks. They leave riders vulnerable. Plus, their small size makes them harder to see for drivers in larger vehicles. The dangers? A motorcycle accident can be truly catastrophic.
Sarasota is a popular spot in Florida, with a population near 60,000. Tourists frequent the area and the surrounding metropolitan region. With so many people come many vehicles and more bikes. More of these machines means an increased likelihood for motorcycle crashes in Sarasota. In the event of a biker accident, it is imperative that you know your options.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Sarasota can help you in the event of a motorcycle accident. If you have been involved in a motorcycle wreck, we will get you the compensation you deserve.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Like any vehicular accidents, the injuries resulting from a motorcycle crash can be serious. Far too often, they can be fatal. Depending on the circumstances of your bike crash, you may be able to pursue compensation for medical expenses. That is what we at Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Sarasota can help with.
At our offices in Sarasota, our experienced attorneys are here to advocate for you. We may be able to help you secure compensation for expenses such as:
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Income
- Medical Procedures
- Property Loss
- Punitive Damages
- Loss of Consortium
If you are in a motorbike accident in Sarasota, your first concern should be to move your bike out of the way of traffic – and yourself, too. Get help if you need it. If there are no life threatening motorcycle injuries, exchange insurance information. If there were witnesses, get their contact information as well. Take plenty of photographs of the damage to the vehicles, the site, etc.
Once you seek medical help for any possible injuries, call our Sarasota lawyers. We will guide you through how you should proceed. If you have a case, we can help.
With the heavy traffic in and out of Sarasota, motorcycle wrecks are all too common. Our dependence on cell phones makes the risk that much greater. Our attorneys have heard and helped with many cases, including:
- Head on collisions
- Rear end collisions
- DUI incidents
- Hit and runs
- U-Turn accidents
- Reckless driving
- Defective equipment or parts
If you are not sure about your claim, bring it to our Sarasota attorneys. Our offices will gladly help you determine the validity of your claim.
After a car accident, there are actually several potential types of compensation. If you were in an auto accident in Lakeland, you may be entitled to compensation. These can be both economic and non-economic. Potential compensation can include:
- Expensive medical bills
- Lost earnings (both current and potential future earnings)
- Cost of medical equipment and devices
- Physical and mental pain
- Cost for household services you can no longer perform
We can also work with you on other types of car accident reports and injuries. These include truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and traffic accidents in Lakeland. Our Lakeland team is confident and prepared. We are well-versed in assisting you in what to do after a car accident.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Trying to settle without a lawyer might mean you settle for less than you deserve or could have earned. In the event of an accident motorcycle in Sarasota, insurers simply want as quick a settlement as possible. They try to close the case even before all the facts are in. With our experienced Sarasota lawyers, we can help you get a much more suitable settlement.
If you are in a motor vehicle accident in Sarasota, an attorney might not be the first thing on your mind. Florida does not require you to have a lawyer to deal with your insurance company. However, it is still important to have someone in your corner. With the right attorney, you can protect your rights and receive proper compensation.
Even if you were in a motorcycle accident last night, we can help. Call our Sarasota office to learn if your claim has standing.
Consult an Experienced Motorbike Accident Lawyer
Checklist after a motorcycle accident has occured
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
We will respond as quickly as we can.
Find help anywhere, anytime.