Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven, FL
Auto accidents happen every day. We all know the process of dealing with insurance companies – it’s overwhelming, confusing, and takes a long time. When you know you’ve been the victim of a car accident or whiplash injury in Winter Haven, FL, you’re entitled to compensation.
The Winter Haven attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates specialize in road accidents and do everything in their power to get clients the best outcome possible. Insurance companies have legal representation when it comes to these incidents and so should you!
Our team of attorneys takes pride in the accident claim successes we have brought forward for Winter Haven clients. With you every step of the way, we are committed to giving you the compensation you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Winter Haven accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car crashes in Winter Haven are usually the result of distracted drivers, traffic jams, or DUIs. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means insurance companies are responsible for medical expenses. While Florida is a “no-fault” insurance state, they will still try to pay as little as possible to you.
Injuries caused as a result of a car wreck vary. They’re not only physical but emotional too. Many people are injured and sadly, some wrecks result in the loss of life. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto crash or traffic accident, it’s in your best interested to get in touch with a Winter Haven car accident lawyer.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Winter Haven, we represent victims who have been involved in any of the following incidents:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Head on collisions
- Driving while tired or fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Defective auto parts
- Poorly maintained roads or vehicles
- Traffic accidents
We offer a free review of your case – give our Winter Haven lawyers a call today so we can discuss your options.
Part of what we do while reviewing your case is determining what kind of compensation you’re entitled to (both economic and non-economic). This includes earnings lost as a result of the crash of cars, medical expenses, mental pain, among other damages. This will also include damages to your vehicle noted on the car accident reports. Our Winter Haven legal team will help you file your car accident claims. We have experience in this field and are confident in helping you recover these damages.
Why You Need a Winter Haven Car Accident Attorney
You may be wondering what to do after a car accident. First things first, get medical assistance immediately if you’ve been injured. Because even small accident cars can turn complex, get in touch with a Winter Haven auto accident attorney.
At Dennis & Hernandez, we make it our priority to protect your rights and provide you with the legal representation you deserve. We’ve been serving Winter Haven residents since 1997 and reaching settlements that fully compensate our clients.
Don’t settle for the unfair amount insurance companies offer. They are businesses trying to make as much money as they can so you can expect to be compensated unfairly, consequently why you need a Winter Haven car accident attorney.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven
If you or someone close to you has been involved in a car accident in Winter Haven, give Dennis Hernandez & Associates a call to get in touch with a talented car accident injuries lawyer. No matter the size of your case, we make it our priority to get you the compensation you deserve. Here with you every step of the way, you can expect nothing less than quality work from an auto accident lawyer at our firm.
We look forward to working with you and getting you the best outcome possible.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Winter Haven personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.